This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

A734ds

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $289.45 (144.7 bb)
      BB: $417.43 (208.7 bb)
      UTG: $233.58 (116.8 bb)
      MP: $91.65 (45.8 bb)
      CO: $125.15 (62.6 bb)
      BTN: $613.27 (306.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :4s: :7s: :3c: :Ac:
      3 folds, BTN calls $2, Hero completes, BB raises to $8, BTN calls $6, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($24) :2h: :6c: :5s: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $22.80, Hero raises to $91.20, BB folds, BTN calls $68.40

Turn: ($206.40) :4h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($206.40) :Jd: (2 players)
      Hero bets $67.20, BTN calls $67.20

Villain whale. 74/18, 40~ hands. Aggression 0.8. BB is also fishy (48/39, 200 hands).
      I think complete is correct here but you might be able to talk me into folding to the iso.

Postflop, would you prefer leading on this board?
      As played, what would you do with this stack size on this turn with our hand? Say turn is :4c: - are you happier to just shove?

Otr, once villain x/b what size should we bet? And are you bet/folding given how the hand played out?

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      On the flop leading is an option to avoid that the original raiser checked behind, but now it worked well for you that he bets. I don’t think it’s bad to shove against a fish on the turn with your straight. There is a small change he has better, but he can also overplay weaker straights.

The river I would most likely shove as well, but betting small to get more often a call of him seems good as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      What's your plan on the turn?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Me or SDK?
    • BluffinBilbo
      BluffinBilbo
      Bronze
      1. I would complete the blind but fold to the raise. Against these players, I expect that they will call you a lot, which means that we want good playability and hopefully a good hand on the flop. Especially OOP. This flop is more or less the dream, and still it gets quite though to play it. You will often have higher card that make higher straights possible on later streets, so I would fold preflop.

2. Yes I would lead on this board. I think it's quite a bad c-betting board, so there is a big risk that the hand will get cecked through. Also, card 2 and 4-9 will make the board harder to play for you, so you really don't want an extra card on the board.

3. I think that if BTN is really bad, then he could be calling the flop with 2-pairs, and the hands don't really have to be coordinated to the straight draw. Also higher straight draws and sets. This means that we probably want to bet the turn for value, but I could be thinking wrong here.

As you played it, I like your river size a lot! :f_thumbsup:
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Me or SDK?
      You.

I think you're likely to lose max anyway vs 78, so don't you just lose value by taking this line? Unless you think you can get away at some point, which seems tight but potentially okay. Against regs, I like the turn check more.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      In general I agree. Not betting turn looks like a good way to miss value since realistically the board isn't going to get any better for us. We'll probably check any pairing river and then feel uncomfortable facing a bet. If we bet turn and get shoved on, it's ugly but that's not enough of a reason not to bet. I think villain still has plenty of worse hands that can consider flatting.

My 'plan' for the turn was for it to be like an offsuit King and stack his set or 2p :D