[NL25] 66 in 3bet pot

• Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Converted at http://handhistoryconverter.com

BB ($31)
      UTG ($24.74)
      Hero (MP) ($40.58)
      Button ($29.12)
      SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6, 6
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.60, Hero calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.30) 5, 2, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

Turn: ($11.50) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.50) J (2 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Total pot: $22.50 | Rake: $1.01

BB: 22/18/7,0 481 hand
      Flop cbet: 42 (36)
      Turn cbet 43 (7)
      F,T aggr: 31%,31%
      R aggr: 17%
      WTSD: 25

So i guess this is pretty standard till the turn. I think we dont have a valuebet here since any bigger pp will x/c here, AJ,KcJc,QcJc,JcTc all beats me so I decided to xb.
      My call otr I think was too loose against this passive villain.
      You think the same?
      Also what would be your worst hand that you call on this particular river card?
  • 5 replies
    • Fanko
      Fanko
      Bronze
      I would almost always fold preflop, because 3bet from BB vs MP is generally quite strong.

As played, i would fold on the flop, because his bet sizings both preflop and on the flop suggest that he has a strong made hand and we are crushed with our weak draw. We are generally far behind on the flop and should fold and not get more money in. Both his range (preflop and cbet flop) and his line and bet sizings make it
      a pretty easy fold for me.

However, the big mistake in this hand is calling preflop.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop looks like an easy fold against the 3bet of BB. You’re only calling for set value here and the only hand your beating is AK or other Ax combo and against the rest of his range you are crushed against. If you use the call20 rule for calling for set value, you need to call $1,85 to win maximum $30,25 of him. That’s not good enough.

I’m not sure what the plan is on the flop, but I expect you was floating or something and then you need to consider betting the turn I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • la55i
      la55i
      Would also fold preflop as standard. Now villain does 3bet quite big also. You are slightly deep so it makes it a bit better. So this can be just fine.
      If your move preflop was +EV it is just ok to fold OTF. You called pre to hit a set and now you didn't. You will still make money on the long run. I don't like calling the flop with just a gutshot that much. Your hand can still be the best but if we assume he is 3betting you with a polarized range, you block quite many of his bluff hands like 76s, 86s..
      OTR his line could be a bluff. But you have many better hands to bluff catch with.

Overall I think fold on every street could have been ok, but I still don't totally hate the way you played this.
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      have some questions on that pre flop situation:

can we not go ahead after a 3bet with a call15 rule?
      which pocket can we call here although the call15/20 rule doesnt apply and it is no more only for set mining? 88+?

cheers, Lacsap
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      I think that the fact that both are a little bit deep can be a reason to call the 3b preflop.
      The flop call is not good but it is not awful too. The river call is not ok , though... Villain is not that active on river for now...