This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Trips on a FD limped board.

• sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
      Stacks:
      UTG ($100BB) 100bb
      CO ($100BB) 100bb
      BTN ($43.5BB) 44bb
      SB Hero ($150BB) 150bb
      BB ($137BB) 137bb
      Pre-Flop: (1.5BB, 5 players) Hero is SB :Jh: :Qc:

1 fold, CO calls 1BB, BTN calls 1BB, Hero raises to 6BB, 1 fold, CO calls 5BB, BTN folds

Flop: :Qh: :6s: :5s: ($14BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets 10BB, Hero calls 10BB

I dont want to be cbeting OOP that much, Im trying to potcontrol, but maybe with a TP I could have cbeted? Plus there was that FD and I dont want to give him a free card so probably cbet would have been a better decision than x/c.

Turn: :Qd: ($34BB, 2)
      Hero checks, CO bets 20BB, Hero raises to 50BB, CO folds

Not sure how to play the turn. He can still have that FD and maybe a weaker Q? He can also have a PP with a set because his betsizing is quite strong. Im not giving him a stronger Q he wouldnt be limping Preflop I believe. So what is the best way to play this?

Final Pot: $104BB
      Hero wins $101.5BB (net +$35.5BB)
      CO collects $0BB (net -$36BB)
      BTN lost $1BB
  • 4 replies
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Silver
      I see no reason not to cbet OTF. We are the aggresor, the board is wet and we have TP, so yes, I would cbet.

As played, I think I would just call OTT. We should be miles ahead even against his strongest range. Let him fire again on the river.
      If an ugly card (heart, 3, 2, 7, 8, 9) drops we have a desision, else it's an easy call.
    • Xander188
      Xander188
      Bronze
      As played I would also just call on turn, if he is bluffing he will probably bluff the river as well or if he has a FD and misses the river he could try to bet again and take the pot.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      We can cbet on flop. As played, I prefer just calling on turn and give him a chance to bluff at us with his whole range.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop I wouldn’t raise against 2 limpers out of position. I doubt you want to play a big pot out of position with a hand like QJo and it’s unlikely both limpers will fold on a raise. The rest of the hand I would call the turn as well, because if you raise you need to shove as well with this chip dynamic and you give him some rope to shove the river on you.

Cheers,
      SDK1987