Now i find out!

• PureProfets
      PureProfets
      Global
      Does pokerstrategy.com support US poker players? I went through all the quizes and account setups but am not sure where I stand. I set up an account with Pokerstars because i know they accept US players. Will I recieve the starting capital?
  • 8 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi PureProfets,

Unfortunately, due to the current legal situation in the U.S, we cannot offer free bankroll to US players.

Best,
      thunder
    • PureProfets
      PureProfets
      Global
      Is there anywhere where US plaayers can earn a free piece of capital to start with?
    • DamThatRiver
      DamThatRiver
      Global
      I just went through the quiz as well...it would be nice if you placed a statement on the site that your bonus promotion did not apply to USA players.

I think you've made a great site and your model is pretty successful, but I'm sure it's definitely a boost to have all USA players go through the steps and sign up for rooms they'll get no compensation for....but yet you still get the kickback on rake should they become a cash player.

You guys had a great image and the users here are great...a lot of good poker tools and info...but there's no reason for you to be sneaky about it.

I'm sure it's the USA players that sign up over the past two years unknowingly that provide the bottom line revenue for the site to function. Is there any promotional activity for USA players that sign up through your site and want to be involved? Is there point tracking and freerolls eligibility etc?

Thanks, DTR
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DamThatRiver

I'm sure it's the USA players that sign up over the past two years unknowingly that provide the bottom line revenue for the site to function. Is there any promotional activity for USA players that sign up through your site and want to be involved? Is there point tracking and freerolls eligibility etc?

Thanks, DTR
      Actually, I think the site is mainly funded through the european, esp german community and that the english community here is not quite as established as them.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello DamThatRiver,

We actually advise all players on our registration page that we do not accept US players (there is even a crossed out US flag on the page). It is therefore certainly not our intent to trick them into creating tracked accounts.

Our primary member base is European and although we would of course also like to welcome US players to our site it is currently not possible due to the legal environment there.

As such there is sadly nothing we can offer in terms or promotions or similar.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      You want a change for US citizens?

Write your respective congress people and tell them the law sucks and get it appealed. It was a dirty way of getting it done in the first place, and only the people are going to get it changed now.

Fight for your freedoms!
    • NimhOfJoy
      NimhOfJoy
      Basic
      http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE51J50E20090220

If this get repealed, will we be able to get a bankroll?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NimhOfJoy
      http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE51J50E20090220

If this get repealed, will we be able to get a bankroll?
      Hey NimhOfJoy,

Although I can't make any promises of when, if, and how quickly, the US repealing the UIEGA would essentially take away the reason of why we can't provide starting capital to US players.

As such, yes, you being able to receive a bankroll should be the result.

Best regards
      SoyCD