BSS for deep tables 200BBs Max buyin, 50BBs min

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      How do we adapt to play in deep tables.. do our draws become more valuable and our implied odds better because most players are twice as deep as a normal table if not more.

Will the BSS starting hands chart work or will we have to change things alittle bit because of the change of implied odds?

also if I am only playing BSS on deep tables only what kind of BRM like 50 buyins then increase once I beat a limit or two?
  • 8 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      You already mentioned some of the points.
      I guess you are talking about shorthanded tables.

-You should be less inclindes to 3bet OOP because your 3bets will get called more often.
      -Your speculative hands are more valuable because in general your implied odds are higher, but:
      - it is important to not overestimate your implied odds! Base your decisions on facts, don't start with thinking processes like:"i just get 1.5:1 odds on my 8 straightouts, but hey we are deep i most certainly have huge implied odds - i call"!
      - At the same time most hands like AQ/AJ that are likely to make a good top pair are less valuable since you have to go for potcontrol more often.
      -Your BRM should definitely be somewhat more conservative.

But since you mentioned you are still playing with a SHC my advice for you would be to slowly approach the deepstack- tables by slowly increasing the amount you are buying in with.
      Start with 120BB, play a few thousand hands and then try 140BB and so on.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I actually prefer these deep stack tables. First of all you can raise your small pockets and still call a normal reraise. Then there is the huge implied odds for suited cards, let's just say you can loosen up a bit when playing this deep.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I played so far few thousand hands on deep tables. All i can say is that mostly there are less fishes(not always dont get me wrong) and there are not many 200BB all in pots since not only implied odds work better but also fold equity.

In general i would say there is much more action first two streets(preflop and flop) than things tighten up a lot in general since pot get big etc.

I like them for two reasons. No shortstackers and fishes on them have more money on average than on normal table ;)

In general losen up preflop tighten up postflop and also here position counts even more! At least to me.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Oh yes, and bet bigger postflop. No point thinking half potsize or two thirds. Just press the bet pot button.
    • meridius
      meridius
      Bronze
      Which site offers these deepstack tables?
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I play on FT.. and I know that they offer "Deep" tables in almost all Nolimit & pot limit games. 200BB max buyin and 50BB min buyin so there is alot more money at these tables.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      What about overpairs? Is AA still the nuts in a 3bet pot on a seemingly harmless board... do you go broke with it, especially against a good player?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by nafar84
      What about overpairs? Is AA still the nuts in a 3bet pot on a seemingly harmless board... do you go broke with it, especially against a good player?
      Your question kind of answers itself, against a good player he is going to be holding more than 1 pair if hes going broke for 200BBs...don't be so happy to go broke on these tables with not such great hands Unless you have reads.. those are my experinces... pot control is the most important thing IMO.