[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - Jj +Ev?

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi

Today i was involved in interesting hand with some other SSSplayer on NL100 and i dont know if my move was correct. He is regular SSS player and also his stats are regular...

He raised from UTG1, i putted him on (i assumed he was more loose at this time as the table was tight and it is also NL100) AJ+, 99+...so i pushed pre-flop...

Now the question is, what is your +EV in such case and what would you do...

P.S. Sorry as i didnt convert the hand, i am just wondering your opinion.

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      regular SSSp either leave the table if it's tight or would be suicidebombers if they raise AJ from UTG+1.

I think you have to Stove your JJ against AQ+/99+ range if you want to face a SSp who adjusts but I found AJ UTG crazy
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      versus 99+,AJ+ with no FE you make about 1/2BB for your shove.

versus 99+,AJ+ with 99/TT/AJ folding you lose about 1BB for your shove ( assuming 3BB opening raise and 20BB stacks).

Pokerstove is your friend. I'm surprised that anyone serious about SSS doesn't already know the answer to these sorts of questions.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I don't think any solid SSS player will be that loose. When I play the loosest game I play AQo+/99+ from UTG on NL100. And as suggested before, you can put ranges and JJ in equilator or pokerstove and you'll see, JJ is only slight favourite and even -EV if we consider the rake as well. You could consider squeeze in case somebody called though...

From my experience, JJ is easy muck against UTG SSS raiser.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      thanks for reply, yep i knew that pokerstove shows you little -EV, so probably i should fold or squeeze...but folding JJ just because some statistic programme shows you so is so unpredictable....i dont give to much on statistic programmes, but more on stats and especially notes...he showed KJo BTW....but the flop was lucky for him...
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      omg KJo , then he is a donkey not a advanced SSS (looser) player
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      omg KJo , then he is a donkey not a advanced SSS (looser) player
      LOL :D ...interesting thinks happens at poker.....never know what players are thinking.....
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      i dont think he is a real sss regular playing pokerstrategys strategy i would simply fold jj to a utg raise from an sss player on nl100.