[NL25] A4s

• Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Converted at http://handhistoryconverter.com

UTG ($36.52)
      MP ($62.42)
      Hero (CO) ($38.10)
      Button ($39.91)
      SB ($34.33)
      BB ($42.56)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, A
      UTG raises to $0.69, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.69, 1 fold, SB calls $0.59, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.32) 7, 5, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero calls $4, SB calls $4

Turn: ($14.32) 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5, SB calls $5

River: ($29.32) 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $26.83 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $29.32 | Rake: $1.32

UTG: 25/20/11.9 250 hand
      Fcbet: 47 (19)
      Tcbet: 80 (5)
      Aggr: 43%

BTN: 27/18/6.4 579 hand
      Squeeze: 3 (31)
      BTN 3bet: 4.4 (45)

SB: 57/20/14.3 31 hand
      fish

BB: 23/20/13.3
      Squeeze: 14 (28)
      BB 3bet: 19.1 (47)

So my first question here is about my preflop call
      Would you call here regardless of LAG players sitting behind you, or you would tighten your range here, fearing of possible squeezes here from BB?

About my postflop play, I was thinking a fold here otf for this overbet, but I felt it would be too weak with a gs+nut fd given that all three players had 140bb stack pre, and that the fish can come as well, so I gave myself here a big implied odds.

The turn card is not the best, sets are reasonable to play with like this, and I am drawing dead against them. But could be overpairs as well, and I now have a much better odds to call.
  • 6 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Preflop would be quite standard 3bet bluff for me. UTG should open with a tight range and we will be dominated often, we can also get squeezed so I don't think calling is the best move.
      OTF is close. You need some implieds but you probably get those. Although your straight would be quite obvious and then there might be higher straights giving you reverse implieds also.
      OTT I think you just can't fold vs this price.
      And river is ofc a fold.
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Silver
      Originally posted by la55i
      Preflop would be quite standard 3bet bluff for me. UTG should open with a tight range and we will be dominated often
      I’ve read recently about bluff 3-betting hands like this. If we’re called and an ace comes OTF, I guess we are usually dominated.

What’s our strategy on the flop if we don’t hit two-pair or a FD? Here, we have position, so would we call a c-bet with an ace on the board and then re-evaluate OTT?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Originally posted by lfcmichael
      Preflop would be quite standard 3bet bluff for me. UTG should open with a tight range and we will be dominated often
      I’ve read recently about bluff 3-betting hands like this. If we’re called and an ace comes OTF, I guess we are usually dominated.

What’s our strategy on the flop if we don’t hit two-pair or a FD? Here, we have position, so would we call a c-bet with an ace on the board and then re-evaluate OTT?
      I'm with lassie on the 3bet pre. I'd also 3bet this, along with any suited ace.
      Often they'll check to you. Use pot control, look for backdoor barrels. You don't have to c-bet every flop, remember the preflop bluff should bring in a positive expectation alone.
      Often if I check behind and they check back to you, they have a capped range and usually double barrelling can take them off a weak pair if they do decide to call.

Obviously this isn't a complete wholesome guide, but more of a rough outline. Board textures, stack sizes and stats come into play.
      I think weasel has some guides on 3bet pots you might be able to watch.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      This is a normal 3b bluff preflop. You can continue your aggression postflop on good flops- Axx, Kxx,...

Having in mind that BB has a high Sqz stat, your call is worse here.
      Postflop is fine.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by lfcmichael

DecMate said it pretty well.
      UTG shouldn't have that many Ax hands especially when we block some of them. Instead I think his calling range should be heavy on pocket pairs. We don't have to cbet every flop and we will have a chance to outplay him on later streets. And so on... This hand is not automatically lost when we get called.
    • Fanko
      Fanko
      Bronze
      I would 3bet preflop. As played, I would raise the flop and be happy to watch him forl better hands and / or tons of equity. You can use the board and the deep stacks to create immense pressure on the open raiser and you should. Passively calling down flop and turn to fold on the river is borderline criminal.