mutitabling and the importance of reading

• mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      I would like to ask multitablers, that how much can they concentrate on other player's game play, how much they can read, and especially how important it is to have a read of other players.
      I have always played only 1-2 tables, which is very time wasting, and gives less experience, but after 300games I could make a 10% ROI.
      Recently I started playing 10+2cent tables(don't laugh) on 4-6tables, but I am not really able to read, there is too much going on. Is this a problem, or is it enough to play the standard strategy like a robot?
  • 12 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Robot play with stats based reads is enough.
    • mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      And what stats should I display, which are important for an SNG? I guess VPIP, and PFR of course, and what else do you display?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I only use VPIP and PFR and the number of hands. I just noticed that you play 10 cent tables so you definitelly don't need the stats there. Maybe start using them when you get up to 5$ SNGs or something like that..
    • mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      I play 5$ SNGs , only playing 10cents to practice multitabling...

I was thinking that WTSD and W$SD is quite important too, it shows how easily they call raises, or how easily they fold.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      That's BS IMO. VPIP and PFR are the most important. I also use AF and I know some people use ATS and FTS but these stats are not very reliable IMO.
      Just start with VPIP, PFR and #hands and once you get used to it you can start experimentning with anything else.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Depending on how big your screen is and what platform you play at... you should be able to fit 4 tables without any overlapping, which is how i play.. also it does make a difference if you are playing in sets or opening up another table once you bust out on one. with 4 tables I dont find it too bad becuase early on you dont get into alot of action and you can find those weak players that make bad moves early on and put a note if it is note worthy. BTW i dont use stats & i play 6.50 turbos i dont think stats are nessicary at the lower stakes if you can analyze the table which i find only opening 4 tables so i never have to move anything around...but on FT 6.50s are only the 3rd lvl of Sngs

My opinon is stats are needed when you are tabling with more than which you can keep your eye on. (ie. 6-16 tables)
    • cristian85
      cristian85
      Bronze
      Hello, i am from the spanish forum and have lately been playing a lot of SNG.
      I am playing at $3+0,4 turbo 10 man on Stars at 20 tables at the time and dont use stats.....i am not a great winner, but i think i am between 12,5 and 15% ROI (I tilt too easily), which i think isnt that bad for 20 turbo tables.
      I just dont use stats cause i think i would get crazy....i just play ABC poker in this level. Maybe in highers buy ins i wouldnt play so many tables and use stats. Now i just keep some notes on the regular faces or real donk (if i have time to write them).
      I want to have an opinion of any other player that play 16/20 tables SNG about stats....if they really spend time viewing them before acting.
      Good luck!
      Cristian
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      stats arent something that takes like 30 seconds to read... they should just come natural.. you should be using a HUD layout that you can analyze with just a quick look at it.. if my layout has only VPIP , PFR and AF its not too hard to take a quick look and see 40/36/3 just a quick look at numbers like that should tell you he is really agressive and open raising rather loose. (im not a stat expert.. just giving an example there)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Mark the regulars and look for their showdowns, then review there lines. 3bet AK/JJ, always contibet, shoves loose from sb, ...

It's impossible to collect reads on all players, but that's not really important. Volume is much more important then reads imo.

You can also use stats, although I never used 'm for sng's. Should be usefull.
    • cristian85
      cristian85
      Bronze
      I think u are right and maybe i should use them and lower my number of tables per set...the thing is that although its easy to see some stats, when i am 2/3/4/5 handed on more than 10 tables its not easy and i just have time to see my cards, position, blinds and the stack sizes....
      I will try using the PT today and then i will tell u how i did....
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Stats are for early game decisons and not late game because once you in push.fold stats dont really help... even if you are filtering for the blind levels you wont have enough of a sample size for it to really help
    • cristian85
      cristian85
      Bronze
      I tried to use stats while i was in 20 tables and i couldnt....had to make too fast decisions and make bot moves to not time out...maybe my screen doesnt help me (15" notebook) and i dont use any script or anything to make multitabling easily....