This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] AA vs Flop raise

• TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed)

Button ($5.08)
      Hero (SB) ($7.02)
      BB ($8.95)
      UTG ($6.24) 30/20/2 over 141 hands AG=2.3
      MP ($5.61)
      CO ($6.82)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) 10, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, UTG raises to $2.59

Hero?
      I can't really call, I can't really fold. if I shove, I overplay my hand...
  • 8 replies
    • Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      So it means that you would fold any over pairs here? Any Tx which you would have made a 3 bet with preflop? Then what is your calling range here? TT?
      Also why do you cbet almost potsize? He will fold many hands here which would have called a smaller 1/2 cbet like AK,99,88. This is the driest board ever no fear of getting over cards ott.
      As played I would probably call his bet, and stack off ott if he shoves
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bebabcsinya
      So it means that you would fold any over pairs here?
      No, probably never but as said, I don't like any of the options. I didn't say what I actually did.

Also why do you cbet almost potsize? He will fold many hands here which would have called a smaller 1/2 cbet like AK,99,88. This is the driest board ever no fear of getting over cards ott.
      Yes, I do think that is the main problem in this hand. My idea was he should be strong bc I 3bet his UTG and he calls. So assuming he is strong he would also call a big bet. Villian didnot cooperate and started raising me, grrrrr
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Thinking about hands with which he could call a 3-bet, surely he isn’t then raising the potsize flop bet without holding TT?

He probably folds 33 and 55 preflop, if he’d even open them; two-pair seems very unlikely as well and there are no draws here that he could be semi bluffing. It looks like top set or a total bluff here.
    • BluffinBilbo
      BluffinBilbo
      Bronze
      So it means that you would fold any over pairs here? Any Tx which you would have made a 3 bet with preflop? Then what is your calling range here? TT?
      As played I would probably call his bet, and stack off ott if he shoves
      Agree with this guy. Bet smaller on the flop and be ready to get it in on this flop. I have seen lots of players raise JJ, QQ TT, and even 99 here sometimes, so your range is well ahead. Just shove when he raises.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I would make a standard 2/3 and fold to a raise.
      You don't see a x/r bluff often enough at these limits in a 3b pot. His bet size says he's willing to stack off here.
      If he bluffed, kudos.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Whilst what you said is true, I don't think we have to worry about an NL5 zoom player exploiting our raise/fold range in a 3b pot.
      We should lean towards population tendencies.
      We don't have enough stats on him to make any sort of read.
    • CiTral6077
      CiTral6077
      Bronze
      Never folding. If you fold AA here you are 100% losing money in the long run even on nl5. Villain can have overpairs like Jacks or Queens, that he only called pre and now gets in on a "safe" flop for him. Even if we give him a insanly strong range without any of the crap that nl5 players show up with we have a very easy call.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 64.06% 62.27% 1.79% AA
      MP3 35.94% 34.16% 1.79% TT+, 55, 33

also why would you bet flop this big? just bet flop 40-50% or even check it. Driest flop possible and you go for almost pot.

Originally posted by DecMate
      I would make a standard 2/3 and fold to a raise.
      You don't see a x/r bluff often enough at these limits in a 3b pot. His bet size says he's willing to stack off here.
      If he bluffed, kudos.
      you never see villain stacking off with JJ/QQ here?
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Now, we can 3b a little bit higher as we are OOP.
      In 3B pot you can bet 1/2 on flop, no need to make that big bets.
      The main point is whether villain is xr 88-JJ here( I have seen such moves with this range). If you think that this is possibe, you can call the raise.