This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From zero to HERO with PLO aka "2 cards were fun 4 will be the blast"

• P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      Go, go, go!!!

Hi guys first I would like to introduce myself. My name is Adam and I am 25 years old. I am from Czech Republic so my English won't be even near to perfect especially grammar but I believe everyone can understand it as I never had a problem. I really like travelling and meeting new people especially those with go big or die trying kind of mindset. I don't consider myself among those yet but I am working on it and I know I will get there for sure. I consider myself lucky because I met quite a lot successful people and with some I had privilege to spend few days and had many discussions and it was really priceless.

Currently I have been living in Bulgaria in a grind house for 4 month but in the end of January I am leaving back to Czech Republic where I stay for some time. On my travels I have tried surfing and I really fall in love with it so I definitely plan to move to the ocean somewhere so i can do it on regular basis.

My first experience with poker was about 4 and half year ago when I played for fun a little. I tried few formats in SNG like hypers and DoNs but in the end I switched to cash games because mostly I liked playing post flop. 2 years back I finished bachelor degree in Economy and decided to leave school and played poker professionally ever since. By professionally I don't mean I am beast or even great at it but I didn't have any other source of income and was able to live quite comfortably. Year ago I switched from 6-max to HU as I didn't progress very well and my coach suggested I would be better for me. He was kind of right because the format was actually worse for me in terms of time management and discipline but when you table select there it is really hard to have even one loosing month. I was playing up to NL400 and my best moth was about 4,5k euro but I wasn't satisfied at all. Lately I was getting really frustrated and didn't enjoy playing it at all. Finally after thinking about it for around 4 months I decided to try PLO. I have to say I never had so much fun playing poker as I have in PLO 6-max + all the time management and other stuff I didn't like at HU are gone.

In half of December I took break from poker except for first few very short PLO sessions just to look around and in January I started to play again more seriously. I found myself a coach Kazor and had 3 sessions so far. I really liked those sessions and I am looking forward to more of those. I am mixing PLO25 and PLO50 and so far I am around break even before rakeback but with low sample so time will show more.:f_biggrin:

I will post at least once a month sometimes a more according to how "pumped up" I will be about my progress. At the end of month I will post my goals and probably some graphs as well until then have a good time guys and good luck behind the tables:f_thumbsup:
  • 7 replies
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      January report

Hello everyone,

First month playing PLO is behind me. Not very good start but I am not concerned by results now because I am focusing on learning and I am also aware that in PLO there is ton of variance and my sample was very low this month. That is one of the thing I am disappointed though. I could make excuses that I was moving back to Czech Republic and I had lot of errands to run but it is just bullshit. I was just lazy and should have spent much more time on both playing and studying. If I did I would probably not loose money at all. This month I want to play at least twice as much hands and much more studying especially playing with equilab so I improve my equity vs different hands and ranges.

Graph of January

Another thing is that I decided to join in bankroll challenge. I want to go all in with PLO and in my opinion once you get solid understanding of the game and already beating some solid stakes one of the next steps to improve the game is to starting coaching someone. In that case this challenge can be one of the stuff why should people choose me as a coach and kind of a diary how was I able to make it there where I was struggling etc.

I read book 10x rule and in this manner I now set up goals/task etc. Really simple summary would be to 10x everything. 10x the goals 10x the action taken to achieve these goals and expect to face 10x the adversity on the way towards the goals. This is why I have decided to make goals that to someone will be really ridiculous but I am doing this for myself so I really don't care if others think it is crazy.

So I decided to enter bankroll challenge with 2,5k USD and I will aim for 100k. I have bit bigger bankroll but I decided to use only 2,5k because I dont have any other source of income so my expenses + coachings will be paid from the rest of money for a while and when I run out of those money I will be using the bankroll. Until then I need to improve my game so I can pay all that from my winnings and keep on increasing my bankroll

Here are my long term goals

Goals for this month:

:spade: 50k hands
      :spade: equilab exercises daily
      :spade: 1 coaching per week
      :spade: 20 minutes of videos/day minimum

:heart: start rush-fit program ( first week only half speed just to warm up and get use to it. 2nd week start all over according to rush-fit schedule and go 100% until completed)
      :heart: cut out soft/sweet drinks and food
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Nice, post some hands to forum along the way. :)
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      @kyyberi Thx I probably start posting some hands when I have some solid understanding of the game and some basics. I want to create first some fundamentals before getting in some discussion and just confuse myself. But afterwards I will gladly particiate :f_thumbsup:

Considering I joined bankroll challenge I will post every week progress and few words and at the end of month bigger summary.

So far start of the month was far from ideal. I still didnt play much because I had big problems with the internet connection. One day I just agve up and went grinding in the bar. Unfortunately in my case when one thing doesnt work out I usually screw up everywhere else so already had some sweets didnt study that much and only work out was swimming. Never mind I solved the internet and its time to go 100%. :f_cool:

Week 1
      Starting bankroll: 2500$
      Current bankroll: 2415$
      Target bankroll: 100 000$
      Weekly movement: -85$
      Hands: 1862
      Hands total: 1862
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      Again this week dissapointed in myself. I still dont care about results because I am sure soon it will turn around but my workethic is really bad. It is slightly improving but far from what I would like it to be. Again didnit play as much as I wanted nor studied that much. This week I will focus lot on distractions and making my workplace better. I had lot of small sessions and last sessions I have to really persuade myselft to start. I will try to play always at least 1,5 hour session in which I should turn off everything. I am still easily distracted by doorbell or phone or facebook etc. I need to shift my focus when I grind to only grinding it is supposed to be my priority and other people should learn to respect it.

With working out I also hit the rock again lol. First day I started by schedule inside rush fit program but after first day I had really hard time even moving for two more days so I was able to hit second work out. Still I went twice swimming + work from the programm so still slight progress after last week but not good enough. This week I will try again start with the original schedule and will see. if I will see I am too sore tomorrow and unable to perform my minimum should be 3 work outs from rush fit + one swimming as a minimum. I got again blender so I am making smoothies again everyday but I still find myself to take some sweets from time to time which is really bad. Have hard time to refuse when it is lying around the house and I hit stop loss or something. I would really need to hit some heater in poker and work outs for some time. Every time I start do good in one area others follow and it is easier to make habbit out of the things I had to persuade myself to do.

Week 2
      Current bankroll: 2218$
      Weekly movement: -197$
      Hands: 7639
      Hands total: 9501
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      Week 3
      Current bankroll: 2014$
      Weekly movement: -204$
      Hands: 4321
      Hands total: 13822
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      Last two weeks were weird. I didnt do much poker wise and in other areas I am not satisfied as well. Although I did manage a lot of errands and paperwork I needed to finish I could have done more. Only good thing I can praise myself for is the first week workouts I manageg to work 6 times per week exactly to rush fit schedule but on the rest day (sunday) I got sick so decided to take next week off. I am plannig to make it again starting this week and will see if finally I will be able to go through the whole program. I never finished it before always either sickness or simply not good enough will etc.

Week 4
      Current bankroll: 2542$
      Weekly movement: +528$
      Hands: 3059
      Hands total: 16881
    • P0K3RP4ND4
      P0K3RP4ND4
      Bronze
      Hi I didnt update regularly now kinda lazy and also bit sick for the most of the time. Still not able to beat 50 at all so going back to 25 for a while now. I also played mostyl untracked sites this time because I had to rake there some money in order to withdraw it. Didn't play as much as I would like but decided to play bit less because of sickness, results and also coach told me it is not good idea to put in big volume in current mindset and skill set I posses.

I didnt do report for previouse month but I will do for the two together in the end of March.

Week 5
      Current bankroll: 2194$
      Weekly movement: -348$
      Hands: 4000
      Hands total: 20881

Week 6
      Current bankroll: 2027$
      Weekly movement: -167$