• Tim64
      Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $158.05 (79 bb)
      Hero (BB): $221.75 (110.9 bb)
      UTG: $206.38 (103.2 bb)
      MP: $506.58 (253.3 bb)
      CO: $272.20 (136.1 bb)
      BTN: $245.43 (122.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Qs: :7c: :Ks: :Kc:
      2 folds, CO raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $22, CO calls $15

Flop: ($45) :2c: :8h: :8s: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.11, CO raises to $49.60, Hero calls $35.49

Turn: ($144.20) :8c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $32, Hero calls $32

River: ($208.20) :9s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $168.60 and is all-in, Hero folds

Villain reg. 27/27, 400 hands. Aggression 2.8.
      "loose passive stats
      speculative flats pre, esp when deep, oop
      flat in pos with A984ss....
      not raising loosely
      probs nitting in big pots"

With overpair+2bd flushdraws I don't think we can cb/fld this hand vs a reg (without knowing he's incapable of bluffing). But perhaps this is a spot where we should not be cbetting at all?

As played do you think we should ever be calling down here?

Now, let's say river brings a club flush. Do we then find a call, in order not to be too easily exploited?

• 3 replies
    • BluffinBilbo
      You say: "Now, let's say river brings a club flush. Do we then find a call, in order not to be too easily exploited?" Why would we call a club? Our hand is better than a flush, so do you mean that villain would be more likely to bluff a club?

About the hand:
      Im not sure, but I feel like we should either call both turn and river or fold on the turn, depending on the player.

- Scenario 1. We believe that villain is capable of bluffin with air. Then I think that he will bet turn and river, because he will not win on the river unless he bets again.

- Scenario 2. Villain is not capable of bluffing air. Then he will probably not bet the turn followed by a check behind on the river.

So in both those cases, I think it's a question of guessing the range and depending on whether we are ahead or behind either folding the turn or calling both streets.

But again, this is just me speculating. Could be totally off here.
    • Shevtshenko
      Yea, I think I play this the same. So so rare to see ppl bluff here. Not sure i'm capable of folding AA here though :f_o:
    • SeagalSteven
      Why would you call Club river rather than non Club? Villain says he has range of only 8xxx, I see no difference what the river card is.

One of those spots where I never find a fold if villain is even a bit aggro :D Your reads support fold ott though, it's obviously bad card for bluffs vs your 3b range.