Starting capital story

• PearlGold
      PearlGold
      Bronze
      Well i started with my $50 on party poker and as expected lost it, due to poor bankroll and awful play. After weeks of playing freerolls (coming 16th out of 9457) and getting used to probability and patterns as well as revising here i decided to invest $25 dollars on Tuesday, its now Thursday and i have turned my $25 into $41.22!! I play N/L and it takes a lot of practise and patience to get to grips with when to bluff, if you should use a pure bluff or if a semi bluff would suffice?

At the minute i don't claim to be an expert but i have learnt a valuable lesson, everything comes with time!!

I still have alot to learn but this is just to give some newbies hope if they have lost there bankroll or are getting close to the end of there bankroll

Poker is a game of minimizing risk and maximising profit!!!!
  • 10 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PearlGold
      a) Well i started with my $50 on party poker and as expected lost it

b) when to bluff, if you should use a pure bluff or if a semi bluff would suffice?

a) not a great attitude to starting! :P

b) i wouldnt advise bluffing at all in the micro limits
    • PearlGold
      PearlGold
      Bronze
      its no limit mate, so we are getting into $5 bluffs

Since i posted this i am now up to $48
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi PearlGold,

Nice to heare you. However, don't forget: stick to BRM, you lost your bankroll due to poor BRM!

Good luck at the tables!
      thunder
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Although I'm happy to see you're using the formula and are more careful this time, a two day trend is not nearly enough of a timeline to judge how well you're doing. Could just be a heater you're on.

Just a word of caution, stick to the plan and avoid deviating from it at all. Your bankroll will thank you for it and you'll enjoy playing more.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      sorry, wrong reply...oops.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello PearlGold and welcome to the boards,

Its good to hear that you've learned a lesson and I wish you luck on your future path!

I hope you continue with a positive learning attitude towards poker - as such that you will use the coachings, videos and articles we have here to improve your game while becoming an active poster in our hand evaluation boards!

If you do this you will surely increase your bankroll even more :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      its no limit mate, so we are getting into $5 bluffs

Since i posted this i am now up to $48
      i know its no limit. Just as someone whos tried alot of things in the microlimits, i'd advise against bluffing too much in the micro limits. The people are horrible and will call anything. Since stopping bluffing other than c-bets against players who can lay down a hand and just playing ABC tight agressive poker, i've been quite alot more successful!
    • PearlGold
      PearlGold
      Bronze
      Right a quick update

Today and yesterday i have been hit by an awful downsing, have not been dealt anything good but i have tried to make the most of it. The tilt is really getting to me, i have the best hand go all in but my opponent manages to catch his final card on the river. This has happened numerous times now and im not sure what to do?

I have lost 12 dollars from my 45 dollar bankroll and its really annoyed me!!!!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      By 'trying to make the most of it' are you deviating from the SHC. If so then this could be a major leak and the reason that you are losing all your money.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Right a quick update

Today and yesterday i have been hit by an awful downsing, have not been dealt anything good but i have tried to make the most of it. The tilt is really getting to me, i have the best hand go all in but my opponent manages to catch his final card on the river. This has happened numerous times now and im not sure what to do?

I have lost 12 dollars from my 45 dollar bankroll and its really annoyed me!!!!
      Hey PearlGold,

Always make sure to stay critical and to control your tilt. I highly recommend the following article:

Professional Attitude: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/135/

which deals with the word "downswing" and why we shouldn't use it as often as we do.

I also recommend you check out our entire silver series on tilt: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

Best regards
      SoyCD