This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ante up tournaments

• CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Hello everyone!

How do you approach ante up tournaments? Can anyone recommend any article or video on this topic? I only found 1 video here on Pokerstrategy.

I usually play in the lowest buy-in one the 0.55 on Pokerstars. I think they player pool is beatable, because no-one really knows how to approach these. :f_drink:

Let me know what is your experience with these kind of tournaments.

Cheers!
  • 2 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      From the second blind level onwards if there is no raise before you, you should NEVER fold. Limp or raise. Also never limp-trap your big hands because its likely that no one raises and the pot goes 6-9 ways.

Something around pot size raise is a reasonable preflop size, and you can go even lower because the blinds wont have good odds to call (compared to the normal MTTs)

You can start open jamming around the same time you start in a normal MTT (6-7M) but I would advice to wait a little longer because you are not threatened by the blinds and alot of the times you can see a flop for free from any position.

Ranges for calling a shove should be somewhat tighter from the blinds, since you get worse odds for a call.

GL!
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Thanks for the advice!

That's pretty much my experience as well playing these tournament. Cheers! :f_cool: