This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] JJ full on the river

• Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com/

BB ($25.81)
      UTG ($29.19)
      Hero (MP) ($35.21)
      CO ($27.35)
      Button ($18.08)
      SB ($26.74)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
      UTG raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.75) Q, 2, Q (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97

Turn: ($3.69) 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

River: ($6.69) J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $5, UTG raises to $26.02 (All-In), Hero calls $21.02

Total pot: $58.73 | Rake: $2

Preflop I guess it is normal to just call, my opponent looked like a regular and I only had 36 hands from him so I couldn't make an exploitative fold here as I didn't know his fold to 3bet and UTG open raise stats.

Flop also standard imo.

Turn I was thinking about a check but the problem is even if he has a weaker Qx (QTs,QJs,KQ) which he decides to check, I will be calling a bet on a blank river. So that is why I made a little bit less than half pot bet to protect my hand, and also to get value from lower pp-s. Maybe it could have been even lower by 1 or 2 bb-s.

So River brought a very good card for us. I have a valuebet here against AQ,KQ,33. I do not think however that he will call with anything else than trips so I made an almost potsize bet.

And there came the most disgusting part in this hand his river push. I mean it will definetely never be a bluff, but I don't see that many better hands here neither. QJs is not possible, QJo only 3 combos but I do not think he will openraise them UTG. QQ can be reasonable, but against my pp heavy range he would be better off to continue with a small cbet ott. 33 and 22 can do this line because they don't block my Qx combos

Opponent: 23/14 36hand he was blocked in the searching engine so I assume he is kinda a reg
  • 4 replies