[NL2-NL10] Hit my set - two others in pot

• adprocas
      adprocas
      Bronze
      The players were average for this level. Pretty loose, calling pretty loose.

Should I have raised the flop. I was checking because it was hard to get action after the flop unless someone bet first.

I guess I didn't have to push after, I could have just called. Or should I be pushing here?

How would you have played this?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $8.08
      MP1:
      $4.25
      MP2:
      $0.78
      MP3:
      $1.03
      CO:
      $10.36
      BU:
      $0.91
      SB:
      $2.43
      BB:
      $2.21
      $0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (48.00 SB)
      T, 9, 6 (3 players) SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.24, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (60.00 BB)
      A (3 players) SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.38(All-In), SB calls, Hero raises to $1.81, SB calls.

River: (260.00 BB)
      8 (3 players)

Final Pot: 260.00 BB.
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I always lead into the raiser when I hit a set, 2/3rd to full pot depending on how wet the board is.

The reason being if you get conti-bet you are only going to win the conti bet, so half the flop pot.

If you lead into the raiser they need to make a decision to either call you or even raise you if they are overpaired. You can get their entire stack.

By slowplaying you let them get away from you as soon as you re-raise to them. Check-raise and call-raise indicate alot of strength and give TPGK far too much idea where he is at. Best to lead into them and hope they put you on TPBK.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Definitely bet the flop, no way to slowplay here. A way too many cards will destroy your monster. And I push on turn vs shorties.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I learned a long time ago to never slow play a set on the flop. Being the aggressor here is by far the most profitable option.

Firstly, even if you simply limped in, you have a very strong hidden hand, especially against multiple opponents. Secondly, if the board is in any way coordinated, you make the chasers pay, and you still have outs to a boat. Thirdly, and most importantly, it builds a very nice pot. If you are first to bet, and put out 1/2 to 2/3 pot bet, you will get called and often raised by anyone holding TP, overpair, 2pr, and drawing hands. You WANT them to raise you!! Get all your chips in with a re raise and punish them.

Of course you can go broke with sets too, but more often than not you're going to win massive pots with it.
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Fold pf.

C/raising the flop looks much better than donking which is waaaay better than c/calling, imo.