This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

K5T4ss 3handed - trips on flop

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $100.50 (100.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $101.40 (101.4 bb)
      BTN: $215.99 (216 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :4s: :Tc: :Kd: :5d:
      BTN raises to $3, SB folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) :2d: :Kh: :Kc: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.03, Hero raises to $10.56, BTN calls $8.53

Turn: ($27.62) :Qs: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, BTN calls $14

River: ($55.62) :Ac: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Villain is a reg. No real reads/stats.
      Rather unsure what strategy to employ on such bds as these, facing these small bets that regs (correctly) employ. I'm not sure that 3 handed ranges make much of a diff, fwiw. If villain has AA/QQ I'm assuming that he's not planning on b/f this flop hence my x/r.

But I can also call here on the flop (as I would do with 99+ type hands) and thus protect that range.

The other question is how much value there is from worse Kx and/or how often we run into problems vs better Kx.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The change you run in to a better K isn’t to likely, but I would most likely just call the flop to keep his range wider. The rest of the hand seems well played. I doubt you get to much value on the river with a bet.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      I am omaha noob but aint this really crappy hand to defend preflop? Pretty tough to hit strong to anything.

In flop I think as default I would just call. Having backdoor flush and sort of weak trips is ok to defend flatting range. E.g. in most run outs you have hard time to look for 3 streets of value.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Looks okay. You don't want to raise all KT+ here but mixing it up vs this size otf with medium Kx seems good.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It is a crappy hand, but it's BB vs BTN.

Flop you can raise or call. It's more about your overall strategy on these dry flops against that villain. And of course how he plays on these flops. Does he cbet a lot or check back a lot when board is as dry as this?

If you call, then he will check back often on the turn, and possibly call your river bet. If you raise, he probably calls with most high pocket pairs once or twice. So you get more value if you raise the flop.