This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Top set on a flush board

• sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
      Stacks:
      CO ($127.5BB) 128bb
      BTN ($130.5BB) 131bb
      SB ($100BB) 100bb
      BB Hero ($117.5BB) 118bb
      Pre-Flop: (1.5BB, 4 players) Hero is BB :Ah: :Ad:

2 folds, SB raises to 3BB, Hero raises to 10BB, SB calls 7BB

Flop: :Ac: :4c: :Jc: ($20BB, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets 10BB, SB raises to 37.5BB, Hero calls 27.5BB

Hello Im not sure about my sizing. And this call.. hmm I believe he doesnt have that many flushes (What would he be calling preflop? Maybe KQs, KJs and some suited connectors?) For me it looks more like a Flush draw or a weaker set so I call.

Turn: :3d: ($95BB, 2)
      SB goes all-in 52.5BB, Hero calls 52.5BB

This is a great card for us. Turn didnt bring a club card so the situation is the same as it was on the flop. Odds are about 36% and I believe I have it. What do you guys think?

River: :As: ($200BB, 2), 1 all-in
      Final Pot: $200BB
      SB shows a full house, Jacks full of Aces
      :Js: :Jd:
      Hero shows four of a kind, Aces
      :Ah: :Ad:
      Hero wins $193BB (net +$93BB)
      SB lost $100BB
  • 8 replies
    • RentzEst
      RentzEst
      Bronze
      On the flop I would have made a bit bigger bet , but otherwise I would have played that hand in the same way.
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Silver
      I like how you played it, line and sizing !
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      Nice thinking, if opponent = decent: Little flushes in his range, if opponent is not decent, he has flushes in his range but also lots of overplayed hands!
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      I’d prefer to bet the flop bigger, as he can have a pair plus FD.

Turn is indeed a great card. You need 25.25% and your equity, even if he has the flush, is 10/46 = 21.7%. Considering the flush is unlikely, and you’re way ahead of FDs and other sets, you definitely have to call here.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      I like how you played it too. I think the call on the flop is good, he shouldn't have many made flushes in his range (like AcKc is not possible), so I think it's allright.
    • la55i
      la55i
      As this is a 3bet pot I don't think SB is going to have a flush very often now that Ac and Jc are on the board. I think the bet sizing OTF should be quite ok and the hand is well played overall. OTT you don't get the direct odds if we put villain on flushes only but he can have some lower sets, 2pair, pair+draw hands too. And if we hit OTR we should have some implieds.
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      As this is a 3bet pot I don't think SB is going to have a flush very often now that Ac and Jc are on the board. I think the bet sizing OTF should be quite ok and the hand is well played overall. OTT you don't get the direct odds if we put villain on flushes only but he can have some lower sets, 2pair, pair+draw hands too. And if we hit OTR we should have some implieds.
      I agree with this, except there are no implied odds OTR, as villain is AI. 😊
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hah, of course :f_biggrin: Maybe it is time to go to sleep :pcuser: