River Specific HUD Stats

• TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Diamond
      In some of Weasel's newest videos about the river (specifically the River Rockstar series) he expresses that in today's games, stats like River AGG%, WTSD, W$SD, etc., are just not adequate enough to determine what frequency you should be bluffing at, as well as other factors. Which stats are more advanced, professional players focusing on here these days and which HUD do you prefer here in 2018?

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • Marysq
      Marysq
      Basic
      Gooood
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      There is one I can think of -- in PT4 it is called "River Call Efficiency"
      River calling efficiency discusses it.

The stat definition is:
      amt_r_call_won / amt_r_call

So >= 1 means that you win more than 50% of the time when you call a river bet.
      [Edit: This is incorrect: You might have an RCE of 1.7 and still lose money if you win small bets, and lose to large ones.]
      from PT4 Stat configuration dialogue details pane
      Ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river. Money that is taken out of the pot as rake is not counted as money won.

Formula: Amount of Game Currency Called on the River and Won / Amount of Game Currency Called on the River
      So actual amounts are compared, not merely number of times

Cheers,
      VS
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Bronze
      Right now im using DriveHUD but i cant let go of my HM2 because of the analyzer.. so what i do is play with DriveHUD then every week i would import my hands to HM2 and then use leakbuster to analyze my weekly results.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Diamond
      Originally posted by cardinhand
      Right now im using DriveHUD but i cant let go of my HM2 because of the analyzer.. so what i do is play with DriveHUD then every week i would import my hands to HM2 and then use leakbuster to analyze my weekly results.
      If I had HM2 I'd probably use it for analysis, as well. I have PT4 and DriveHUD but I vastly prefer PT4, of course. Database review while writing your own notes on villain is extremely effective and gives you all sorts of ways to exploit fish.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Diamond
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      There is one I can think of -- in PT4 it is called "River Call Efficiency"
      River calling efficiency discusses it.

The stat definition is:
      amt_r_call_won / amt_r_call

So >= 1 means that you win more than 50% of the time when you call a river bet.
      [Edit: This is incorrect: You might have an RCE of 1.7 and still lose money if you win small bets, and lose to large ones.]
      from PT4 Stat configuration dialogue details pane
      Ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river. Money that is taken out of the pot as rake is not counted as money won.

Formula: Amount of Game Currency Called on the River and Won / Amount of Game Currency Called on the River
      So actual amounts are compared, not merely number of times

Cheers,
      VS
      This is a really good stat. I have PT4 and a few custom notes and stats I've downloaded into PT4 so I'm sure I have this somewhere. I'll look for it and add it to my HUD. Adding in a stat like that *along* with what we already have can make a huge difference.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Diamond
      http://drivehud.com/blog/knowledgebase/what-are-the-hud-stat-definitions/

Just to familiarize people with some of the unique stats that DriveHUD has out of the box. Stats like True Aggression %, combined with WTSD, etc also help to paint a clearer picture. Poker language is evolving and like PT4 has basically redefined what a float play is, DriveHUD is introducing some new terminology and statistics that are next generation, as well. As long as they turn out to be relevant, the more the merrier, right?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by TakingAShot
      Which stats are more advanced, professional players focusing on here these days and which HUD do you prefer here in 2018?
      I believe weazel is using Hand2Note. I have also started using it and so far I have liked it. You are able to create a very powerful HUD with custom stats. When you think about bluffing OTR you can check for example how often villain skips his cbet OTR OOP and check folds. How often he folds vs 3barrel. How he reacts vs different bet sizes and so on.. So when you are trying to find good spots for exploitative bets OTR some stats like WTSD get a bit obsolete when you can create a bunch of different stats for very specific lines/situations.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Diamond
      Originally posted by la55i
      Originally posted by TakingAShot
      Which stats are more advanced, professional players focusing on here these days and which HUD do you prefer here in 2018?
      I believe weazel is using Hand2Note. I have also started using it and so far I have liked it. You are able to create a very powerful HUD with custom stats. When you think about bluffing OTR you can check for example how often villain skips his cbet OTR OOP and check folds. How often he folds vs 3barrel. How he reacts vs different bet sizes and so on.. So when you are trying to find good spots for exploitative bets OTR some stats like WTSD get a bit obsolete when you can create a bunch of different stats for very specific lines/situations.
      Wow. That's a gorgeous HUD. I like the program you can buy where it connects you to a Chinese network, specifically citing that most Chinese are "very weak players" lol. All in all, I thought it would cost much more prior to seeing the price tag. I'll definitely be looking into this more. I see WPN is basically the only US network it operates on and that makes sense considering that WPN is by far the most professionally structured US facing network.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      One example of a next generation river stat would be how frequently villain bluffs river when he bets etc

So for example in the past players would try to use AF and AFq and Cbet R to figure out how often villain is bluffing which is senseless. With newer custom stats we can jump straight to what we are looking for i.e a "how often is villain bluffing in this spot" stat. Hand 2 Note will break it down by sizing for us automatically also, which is insane.

I have a professional H2N HUD package for sale called the Death Star HUD btw.