[NL2-NL10] Gold

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I'm posting this for one reason, and one reson only.

I'm Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, perhaps I need to get out more...

Thanks for all your help in getting me this far.

Upcoming milestone 1: 93 points before elephant licence;
      Upcoming milestone 2: $2.34 required before BR sufficient for NL25.

Whooop!!

-oao, Tim64
  • 12 replies
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Good work!
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Nicely done Tim64

mind telling me how long it took you?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Not at all. As you can see, I joined here 02.11.2008, so about 4 months ago.

However, I've only been playing for real money for just over a month.

Tim
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Wow...very nice ramp up indeed.

Did you use SSS or BSS or a combination of the two? What site? I'm on Titan right now, very low limit nl, but I"m multitabling as well to try to build up. Problem is the horrible beats lately, and its becoming harder and harder to find good tables at that limit.

Any suggestions to a site newbie on how to ramp up faster?? I've been playing for a few years, but I'll admit, mostly by luck and little skill compared to the rest here.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      nh :P

@ STR82ACE

Ramping up faster is only achieved by keep on learning things :)

- Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well, I've found Party pretty good; though I haven't played anywhere else so I can't really compare.

I'm only using SSS. Don't have nearly enough knowledge yet for BSS. Nor BR for that matter. Would most likely bankrupt me :)

Only suggestion is not to take multitabling too far. Personally, 5 is my max as I can't concentrate on more. Though it seems tempting to play loads of tables for greater winrate, often yr winrate just falls per table cos you make mistakes or miss opportunities.

Other suggestion is just to know the articles like the back of your hand.

GL

Tim
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Congratulations, Tim!

Keep up the good work.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      congrats tim! i think its really cool how you post so many hands.
      wish i could do the same. somehow i am gold member as well but have no idea how i got here. in this case, it is probably safe to assume that
      i am the only gold member not using the elephant. (got the license >1000 points ago) but i have no idea how to run that thing and my computer shuts down immediately once i try to start it up. did you read all the silver articles? same as you, i also use SSS on NL 25 and 50. but a lot of the articles are for BSS and other stuff...
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Welcome ;)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Haven't read all silver articles yet. My problem is a psychological one and I expect it's common to many.

I need to improve my poker to improve my winrate. So I should read all the articles I can get my hands on.

But I also want to build BR, clear bonus, and move up the limits. So I play most of the time and don't take enough time for reading :( Of course, if I was a bit cleverer, I would realise that reading the articles will help me move up more quickly. I'm too obstinate... :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      after being inspired by you, i posted a hand! (i'll have you know this was a big deal for me since i havent posted one in over a year i think). only problem, idiot that i am, accidentally posted it in the BSS forum. hehe...
      it was a big struggle too since i dont know where i can get hand converter for Everest so imagine me like manually picking the spade/heart icons and inputting HERO etc... i'll spare you the ugly details. man i'm switching sites soon as i clear my bonus there. unless somebody knows where i can get converter for everest...
      i havent read all the silver articles either! now my new goal is to watch all the bronze videos =) havent even seen those yet. gotta get better or else i fear i'm putting gold status to shame.... :D
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Don't worry. I posted about five on the BSS forum by mistake once. For the first two, the judge said: please re-post on the SSS forum. After that he just ignored me, like the egit I am. :D

You know, there is a hand converter actually built into the PS site now. Click on Strategy banner and then underneath where it says in small type: "My Poker Hands". Think it lets you convert the text from the folder on yr PC where your hand histories are stored (assuming Everest saves HH to such a folder). You may be able to use it in the absence of Eleph... Sorry if turns out to be a wild goosechase or you already knew this and discounted it...

GL