This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - Aa

• watfordjc
      watfordjc
      Bronze
      I think I played this hand badly, although I'm not entirely certain which my first mistake was. Comments please?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $20.53
      BB:
      $1.40
      UTG2:
      $9.90
      MP2:
      $3.34
      Hero:
      $11.29
      BU:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , A:diamond: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 checks, Hero raises to $0.60, CO folds, BU calls $0.60, SB calls $0.55, BB calls $0.50, UTG2 folds, MP2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.10) 9:spade: , 5:club: , J:heart: (5 players)
      SB bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $2.40, BU calls $2.40, SB calls $2.30, BB calls $0.70 (All-In), MP2 folds.

Should I have bet more on the flop, pot-size maybe?

Turn: ($11.20) 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BU raises to $6.85 (All-In), SB folds, Hero calls $0.85.

Should I have check/folded the turn considering the number of callers on the flop and the possibilities of being up against a set or straight?

River: ($24.90) 7:spade: (3 players)

Final Pot: $24.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ah Ad)
      BB shows a pair of fours (4s 4d)
      BU shows a straight, queen high (Qd Tc)

BU wins with a straight, queen high (Qd Tc)
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Q. Should I have bet more on the flop, pot-size maybe?
      A: Yes, because even though flop is dryish, you have many opponents.

Q: Should I have check/folded the turn considering the number of callers on the flop and the possibilities of being up against a set or straight?
      A: I dont think so. The pot is too big and they seem to be on a draw. You cannot let them outdraw you just because you are scared of a set.

I wouldnt fold AA if you check and he shoves $6.85 since you only need to win like 33% of the time for it to be profitable, So I think its correct to shove turn ourselves and maximize FE.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Flop: Bet more on flop.
      Turn: Guess you are beaten here, a way too many villains have called you. I prefer to go check/fold here and give up my hand.
      Lets see what judges advice.

Don't post results!