This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] PFR bet sizes

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Seems there is no strategic forum for silver and since we get very good judgement here I'll just post my question here:

I switched to NL50 SH now and think I have to adjust my pfr bet sizes and cbet ranges. Are those thoughts right?:

#1:
      Preflop:
      a) UTG and MP I raise 4 bb+1bb/limper since I don't want multiple drawing hands draw out on my monsters who then have position on me.
      b) CO and BU I raise 3bb+1bb/limper because I raise looser there and I have position myself.
      c) SB and BB I raise 4bb+1bb/limper because I want to punish limpers and I have to make ppl pay for the position they have on my postflop.
      d) If sb open completes I raise on 4 bb because I have position on him and he will fold most of his hands anyways.
      e) Of course I will adjust my 3bet sizes in the same way.

Until now I always raised to 4bb+1bb/limper.

#2:
      Cbets:
      I always have initiative of course.
      a) If I am oop I only cbet dry boards like 37Ko and sometimes I cbet boards like 4JKos, but I don't cbet boards like JQK if I for example have a low pocket pair and I don't cbet highly connected or very low or suited boards.
      b) If I am ip and opponent checks to me and he doesn't always c/r me I cbet virtually every board, even JQKos when i have 22.
      c) I of course adjust my raise size dependant on the protection i would need if I actually had a hand.
      d) Question: in which cases do i cbet low paired and high paired boards (744 or KK4) if i didn't hit crap?

#3:
      And some additional questions to pfr:
      - Do I raise baby aces (A2o-A6o) on BU?
      - Do I raise baby aces (A2o-A6o) in sb?

#4:
      Concerning 3bets:
      If I have someone behind me who likes to 3bet me very lightly, how do I adjust play?
      - 4bet lightly?
      - get tighter in openraising?

Thanks for answers in advance.

generals007
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1 pf is fine.
      2. paired bvoards is always fine to cbet sometimes you have to double barrel to get people fold but that is player specific
      3. bu raise is fine, sb I`d complete or fold.
      4. I´ve noticed that nowadays noone believes that you have big hand if you 4-bet, so I´d prefer just open tighter and 4-bet value for AK, TT+ and if shoved I´m calling off.