Building my Poker Bankroll - 2018

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

Hi...again ! This is not the first time here, once a year at some point I feel the need or I get motivated to start and play poker.

I started to play poker in 2011and I was building my first bankroll playing Freerolls on Pokerstars and PartyPoker. With that bankroll I played poker ( CG, SNG, Spin´s ) at microstakes for the last 6 years. But last year when I stoped to play poker I cashed out all the money ( almost 400 Euro ).
      So this time for the first time I will make a deposit and I will play with my own money.

My name is George, 31, from Romania, I live and work in Spain so I will play on Pokerstars.Es until new opportunities arise.

Bankroll start : 50 Euro.
      Goal : 1000 Euro !

I will play cash games starting from the bottom with NL2 .

Good luck everyone ! :f_thumbsup:
  • 13 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      My results for every week :

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey guys ! First week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

Week 1
      Hands: 3504
      Profit: 3.28 Euro
      Bonus : 3 Euro. (PS.es had a promo: Jacks or better challenge and I got 0.20+0.20+0.50+0.50) I also made ITM on a freeeroll for 1.60 E
      Week 1 profit: 6.28 Euro
      Current bankroll: 56 Euro

I just started to play again so I didn´t had high hopes. The good thing is I had the energy to play 12h 36 min in only 4 days, this might be a record for me to play 3 hours/day.

Last week I didn´t study nothing, I just wanted to see how is NL2 if something changed since I played last year. And things has changed indeed. Now here in Spain we can play vs players from France and soon players from Portugal will join us. I´ve also seen people from Russia and Ukraine and I think more will join the pool because many people thinks they can beat the stakes easier on Pokerstars.es .

I´ve also seen good players that I know them from Pokerstrategy forum that played last year on NL10 and now they are at NL2. I guess after PS.es merged with PS.fr many people who stoped to play poker returned to the tables just like me.
      So there are some ¨sharks¨ here at NL2 and I have to avoid them and focus on the weakest players.

I´m not gonna post long term goals on this blog but I will add some goals every week or every month.

Week 2 Goals :

I have to learn all the Preflop ranges...again.
      And I have a lot of charts to learn ! This is how my charts for every position looks like

Study the ABC postflop gameplay.
      Play 2 hours/day.
      Study 1 hour/day.

Have a nice week ! :f_thumbsup:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey guys ! Second week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

- I played a lot this week, over 22 hours but I´m not satisfied with my game. So this week I will play less hours and I will study more.
      One of the goals for this week was to learn my preflop ranges but I realized I need a lot more time to memorize. So I will give myself time until the end of the month to learn all the charts.

I also need to change my HUD. I want a bigger HUD with more stats, this way I don´t have to click to get out the stats from pop-ups.

This week all players from Pokerstars-Portugal will join us, so more fishes out there for me :D

Have a good week all!
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Silver
      Good results so far! How is the Pokerstars.es / fr combination so far?
    • aafrancis
      aafrancis
      Bronze
      Very nice Blog !

I'm from Portugal and i have a similar Challenge in my blog :)

I'm waiting waiting to join your pool with Spain and France players :)

:f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey Tim :f_drink:
      Yeah last week was a really great week for me but... This week things are going south, I lost 8 BI until now. The good news is tomorrow I have a free day and I will try to turn things around :f_thumbsup:
      How is the Pokerstars.es / fr combination so far?
      Oh, I love it ! Last year if you wanted to play poker in the morning you had to play vs 15-20 players, the traffic was terrible. Now you can play whenever you want.
      And is not only FR joining the pool, there are players from Russia, Polonia, Ukraine, Turkmenistan ( I didn´t know this country even exist lol )
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aafrancis
      Very nice Blog !

I'm from Portugal and i have a similar Challenge in my blog :)

I'm waiting waiting to join your pool with Spain and France players :)

:f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
      Welcome to my blog, and thank you for visiting Francis! :f_drink:
      I hope you guys will join us soon.
      Can you give me a link to your blog ? I would love to see your progress.
    • aafrancis
      aafrancis
      Bronze
      Sure i can but .......it's write on portuguese :)

Here
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aafrancis
      Sure i can but .......it's write on portuguese :)

Here
      Google translator power:f_thumbsup: Thx for the link.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      So today I wanted to try to fix the bad run that I had this week and I played a lot today ! Around 2700 hands :f_thumbsup:

I managed to get from -11BI to only -4BI, maybe I can manage after all to be on the + side this week, I still have 2 more days.

Here is the graph for this week until now :

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey guys ! 3th week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

BTW...this is still a thing ? I didn´t saw any news abut this project lately.

UP and DOWN. Hard week for me, of course I did some mistakes but the amount of setups this week was incredible.

After -11 Buy-ins I was almost ready to change my ranges and start to play like a NIT but I decided to reduce the number of tables first to see how that will work, I even played 1 table for almost 2 hours just to check out if i lose because of me or is just a downswing. Anyway I managed to go up and up until I got on the + side.

I hope this week the God of poker will treat me good and maybe soon i can jump to NL5.

Good luck everyone !
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      Hi AgapieGheorghe.

Could you share with us your position stats?

These are mine:

I'm interested in yours, maybe you play more OOP that I do (or the opposite)?
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      I dont have that many hands like you. But I can tell you for sure I play way more loose than you.
      Also I know atleast 7-10 players from PS.ES who plays same limit and I dont really wanna post all my stats here, but i will send you a PM with the stats.

I hope you can catch that EV soon and finish your challenge in style. Good luck :f_thumbsup: