This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Building my Poker Bankroll - 2018

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver

Welcome to my blog!

Hi...again ! This is not the first time here, once a year at some point I feel the need or I get motivated to start and play poker again from scratch.

My name is George, 31, from Romania, I live and work in Spain so I will play on Pokerstars.Es until new opportunities arise.

I started to play poker in 2011and I was building my first bankroll playing Freerolls on Pokerstars and PartyPoker.
      With that bankroll I played poker ( CG, SNG, Spin´s ) at microstakes for the last 6 years.
      But last year when I stoped to play poker I cashed out all the money ( almost 400 Euro ).

So this time for the first time I will make a deposit and I will play with my own money.

The goals of the blog are :

-to keep a record of my results, including postings graphs, hand reviews, etc..
      -development of discipline, tempering, motivation and self-confidence!
      -conclusions and other things from what i study.

My final Goal :

- A bankroll of 500+ Euro and a NL10 winning player.

I will play cash games starting from the bottom with NL2 .

Thank you for stopping by ! :f_drink:
  • 76 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Important and interesting posts of the blog:

February-First month results
      March - Second month results.

March Goals
      Database and Stat Analysis review after 47k hands
      Deciding what OR ranges to use
      My HUD
      First book that i will read this year
      Photoshop work
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey guys ! First week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

Week 1
      Hands: 3504
      Profit: 3.28 Euro
      Bonus : 3 Euro. (PS.es had a promo: Jacks or better challenge and I got 0.20+0.20+0.50+0.50) I also made ITM on a freeeroll for 1.60 E
      Week 1 profit: 6.28 Euro
      Current bankroll: 56 Euro

I just started to play again so I didn´t had high hopes. The good thing is I had the energy to play 12h 36 min in only 4 days, this might be a record for me to play 3 hours/day.

Last week I didn´t study nothing, I just wanted to see how is NL2 if something changed since I played last year. And things has changed indeed. Now here in Spain we can play vs players from France and soon players from Portugal will join us. I´ve also seen people from Russia and Ukraine and I think more will join the pool because many people thinks they can beat the stakes easier on Pokerstars.es .

I´ve also seen good players that I know them from Pokerstrategy forum that played last year on NL10 and now they are at NL2. I guess after PS.es merged with PS.fr many people who stoped to play poker returned to the tables just like me.
      So there are some ¨sharks¨ here at NL2 and I have to avoid them and focus on the weakest players.

I´m not gonna post long term goals on this blog but I will add some goals every week or every month.

Week 2 Goals :

I have to learn all the Preflop ranges...again.
      And I have a lot of charts to learn ! This is how my charts for every position looks like

Study the ABC postflop gameplay.
      Play 2 hours/day.
      Study 1 hour/day.

Have a nice week ! :f_thumbsup:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey guys ! Second week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

- I played a lot this week, over 22 hours but I´m not satisfied with my game. So this week I will play less hours and I will study more.
      One of the goals for this week was to learn my preflop ranges but I realized I need a lot more time to memorize. So I will give myself time until the end of the month to learn all the charts.

I also need to change my HUD. I want a bigger HUD with more stats, this way I don´t have to click to get out the stats from pop-ups.

This week all players from Pokerstars-Portugal will join us, so more fishes out there for me :D

Have a good week all!
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Gold
      Good results so far! How is the Pokerstars.es / fr combination so far?
    • aafrancis
      aafrancis
      Bronze
      Very nice Blog !

I'm from Portugal and i have a similar Challenge in my blog :)

I'm waiting waiting to join your pool with Spain and France players :)

:f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey Tim :f_drink:
      Yeah last week was a really great week for me but... This week things are going south, I lost 8 BI until now. The good news is tomorrow I have a free day and I will try to turn things around :f_thumbsup:
      How is the Pokerstars.es / fr combination so far?
      Oh, I love it ! Last year if you wanted to play poker in the morning you had to play vs 15-20 players, the traffic was terrible. Now you can play whenever you want.
      And is not only FR joining the pool, there are players from Russia, Polonia, Ukraine, Turkmenistan ( I didn´t know this country even exist lol )
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Originally posted by aafrancis
      Very nice Blog !

I'm from Portugal and i have a similar Challenge in my blog :)

I'm waiting waiting to join your pool with Spain and France players :)

Welcome to my blog, and thank you for visiting Francis! :f_drink:
      I hope you guys will join us soon.
      Can you give me a link to your blog ? I would love to see your progress.
    • aafrancis
      aafrancis
      Bronze
      Sure i can but .......it's write on portuguese :)

Here
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Originally posted by aafrancis
      Sure i can but .......it's write on portuguese :)

Here
      Google translator power:f_thumbsup: Thx for the link.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      So today I wanted to try to fix the bad run that I had this week and I played a lot today ! Around 2700 hands :f_thumbsup:

I managed to get from -11BI to only -4BI, maybe I can manage after all to be on the + side this week, I still have 2 more days.

Here is the graph for this week until now :

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey guys ! 3th week of this month is over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

BTW...this is still a thing ? I didn´t saw any news abut this project lately.

UP and DOWN. Hard week for me, of course I did some mistakes but the amount of setups this week was incredible.

After -11 Buy-ins I was almost ready to change my ranges and start to play like a NIT but I decided to reduce the number of tables first to see how that will work, I even played 1 table for almost 2 hours just to check out if i lose because of me or is just a downswing. Anyway I managed to go up and up until I got on the + side.

I hope this week the God of poker will treat me good and maybe soon i can jump to NL5.

Good luck everyone !
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Silver
      Hi AgapieGheorghe.

Could you share with us your position stats?

These are mine:

I'm interested in yours, maybe you play more OOP that I do (or the opposite)?
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      I dont have that many hands like you. But I can tell you for sure I play way more loose than you.
      Also I know atleast 7-10 players from PS.ES who plays same limit and I dont really wanna post all my stats here, but i will send you a PM with the stats.

I hope you can catch that EV soon and finish your challenge in style. Good luck :f_thumbsup:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey guys ! 4th week of this month it´s over so here is the report for Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge:

Week 4
      Hands: 8688
      Profit: 23.28 Euro
      Bankroll start : 50 Euro
      Current bankroll: 104 Euro
    • aafrancis
      aafrancis
      Bronze
      Everything looks great

• Tim128
      Tim128
      Gold
      You'll get to NL5 very soon!!! Nice results!
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Hey, thanks guys. :f_drink:
      I will take my time at NL2, i´m not in a rush to reach higher limits. I will move up if i get 30 BI for next limit and if i´m happy with my game.
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Silver
      13.4BB/100 That is HUGE

Congrats!
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Originally posted by RubbyDubby
      13.4BB/100 That is HUGE

Congrats!
      Well that was last week. This is my session from today :

I´m happy with my stats. Unfortunaly Pokerstars served me so many bad setups today :why:

But that is ok, I´m on the right track. I just need to put enough volume to get to 150 E and move up.

Tomorrow I will think of some goals for March, I think I need goals to keep my focus and for motivation.