Blind stealing in early phase of an sng

• mofire87
      mofire87
      Bronze
      SHC says not to blind steal at all. OK, indirectly it says to blind steal with KQ in late position. In simple NL there are way more hands which are good for profitable blind stealing, even suited connectors etc... But I know that in an SNG in early phase losing X amount of chips is much worse then winning the same X amount, so one should minimize risk. But does it mean that I MUST NOT blind steal at all(only with KQ as chart says)?
      For example if I have QJs in BU, can I try stealing, or I should rather FOLD?? (I think stealing is heavy +EV in chips).
      Other question: why aren't suited connectors listed in the blind stealing charts, when they are really good for the task?

What hands do YOU use for blind stealing in early phase?
  • 4 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I play verry tight verry abc and blindsteal only with the top hands

From button AJs KQs 88+ (first in), AQ TT or JJ with limpers

and openraise AQ and JJ from any position

People call way to loose pre- and postflop to make blindstealing really profitable in this format, perhaps it's easier on the higher limits.
    • ViZon
      ViZon
      Bronze
      depends on the table if the table is very tight you can steal with almost any hand but do minraises and you have to fold if they reraise
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ViZon
      depends on the table if the table is very tight you can steal with almost any hand but do minraises and you have to fold if they reraise
      Im sorry but thats crap advice.

Dont minrase to try to steal blinds at the lower levels. (Dont minraise in general.) If you minraise, people will call you 90% of the time at the low limit SNGs. Just wait and play solid ABC poker. Its all you need.

The reason why you dont steal blinds at the low blind levels is because they are small in corelation to your stack and its not worth the risk vs the reward. If you get caught stealing with a weak hand once its -EV. Its only when the blinds increase they are worth stealing.

Isnt this written in the basic SNG articles?
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      it depends on who is in the blinds
      if i see the blinds are regulars i know i can raise proberly any 2 cards since they will be playing like me.very tight