Stars or FTP?

• Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      After a few months now I have finally finished my bonus whorring quest and am looking to pick a room to move most of my roll. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on why to chose one over the other. Mostly I will play $5 sng's, some limit hold'em and some of the off games. So a couple questions

Better VIP program? Not including the deposit bonus.
      Softness of competition? Seems to be more grinders at FTP.
      MTT/SNG structure/blinds?
      Any other useful information?

Any opinions would be welcome.

Cheers
      Jonaton
  • 4 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      I think the VIP program at stars is much better than FTP. I like knowing that if I do manage to succeed in poker, the FPP points that I'm collecting can actually contribute to something BIG at the end. Also, I think PS points are collected much faster at stars than FTP.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Jonaton

You can find an encompassing description of all our partnered rooms here: The First Deposit Bonus Guide

Although there aren't any user reports you can find links to most of the VIP programs and various other things.

If you are looking at off-games / SNGs / and off games though you will probably be looking at one of the larger rooms such as Stars / Full Tilt / Titan / Mansion since the othe rooms have quite limited traffic in these areas.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Yeah I am definately going with Stars or FTP I was just hoping for some player input that might make the decision easier. The deposit guide was helpful though.
    • rjacobs003
      rjacobs003
      Bronze
      There are debates about this all over various poker forums. The general consensus has tended to be that the Stars VIP program becomes more prfotiable than the FT rakeback system if you're a high volume player who will achieve supernova status. Stars have from March also lowered the sliver, gold and platinum criteria which makes it quite attractive from a micro to small stakes player's perspective. This has been a counter to Full Tilt introducing new micro levels (1c/2c+) tables and also lowering the rake at the lower end - which has tended to be prohibitive. One also needs to consider the game play/availability/etc. If you're American the availability tends not to be an issue and for cash games they both tend to be good from an availability perpsective. Stars does however make more guaranteed tournaments available in general and also at better times for the non-US public. Full Tilts tournaments tend to be in the wee hours of the monring if you're a European player for example. Software is pretty stable on both but I actually prefer Stars because I find it almost never has connection issues - my FT does but that could be a function of where I am rather than the software itself. Player quality tends to be on par for the most part IMO although one rarely sees a Durr versus Ivey titanic-type battle on Stars. ON ablance though I must say I prefer Stars to Full Tilt at the moment