[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH K5s

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:diamond: , K:diamond:
      [color:grey]3 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,50[/color], SB calls $1,25, [color:grey]BB folds[/color].

Flop: ($3,50) 5:club: , 3:spade: , 9:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], SB calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,50) 6:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $5,50[/color], SB calls $5,50.

River: ($18,50) K:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $8[/color], SB calls $8,00.

Final Pot: $34,50

I liked to secondbarrel with no scarecard because I got outs there and he seemed to be calling like every flop with everything just to see if i bluffed so he could bluff me out later in the hand.
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I pretty much always 2nd barrel when I hit a draw on the turn. Even if it's just a gutshot I often do it. And in this case you already have a pair, so it's easy 2nd barrel.

On the river I value bet a bit bigger. You bet less than 1/2ps. I'd go for $9 - $11

You can also try some crazy overbet, even a shove, as opp often see it as an attempt to bluff. And this card would be perfect. It's a scare card and many opponents would see it as a crazy attempt from you to represent a K.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I pretty much always 2nd barrel when I hit a draw on the turn. Even if it's just a gutshot I often do it. And in this case you already have a pair, so it's easy 2nd barrel.

On the river I value bet a bit bigger. You bet less than 1/2ps. I'd go for $9 - $11

You can also try some crazy overbet, even a shove, as opp often see it as an attempt to bluff. And this card would be perfect. It's a scare card and many opponents would see it as a crazy attempt from you to represent a K.
      +1