This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AK97ds

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $278.50 (139.3 bb)
      BB: $157.14 (78.6 bb)
      UTG: $431.39 (215.7 bb)
      MP: $167.75 (83.9 bb)
      CO: $158.86 (79.4 bb)
      BTN: $223.48 (111.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :9c: :Ac: :7s: :Ks:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $7, CO calls $7, BTN calls $7, Hero raises to $37, BB folds, MP calls $30, CO calls $30, BTN calls $30

Flop: ($150) :5s: :6s: :Ts: (4 players)
      Hero bets $48, 3 folds

MP 22/29, 30 hands
      CO 93/16, 40 hands - rec
      BU good, loose reg 41/41, 3.3k hands

1. Ok to squeeze?
      2. Betsize on the flop?
      3. Would you ever consider folding to a shove here and if so, against which player?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This is more a good hand that can play well post-flop. I don’t think it’s necessary to play an big pot out position against at least 1 fishy player with a squeeze like now. I doubt you will ever get them all to fold.

The flop seems standard. Ito bad you don’t get action and if someone will shove I would most likely call against everyone. You are blocking most flush combinations with a K and it would be nasty to end up against the nut flush.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • benaars
      benaars
      Bronze

This is more a good hand that can play well post-flop.
      :facepalm:
      How are you playing this postflop 4way without position? Sqz this hand all day
      Squeezing ranges are always wider than 3beting ranges, thats because the coldcallers have a capped range and do not have "the best" hands anymore. Thats also because In a GTO environment people should be folding to 3bets and sqzes some % which is not the case in reality, but nevertheless we should be squeezing here. In squeezed pots most ppl get the money in very light and by having the high suits we want to get it in vs draws we dominate and that can be done easier with lower SPR.
      On the flop it depends what strategy are you implementing on monotone boards but I like the small bet, I'd go even smaller somewhere around 30$.
      You cant be folding postflop, just look at your whole range on the flop in such spot, you dont have many flushes at all and this is very close to top of your range , if you start folding this hand you are heavily over-folding
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by benaars

This is more a good hand that can play well post-flop.
      :facepalm:
      How are you playing this postflop 4way without position? Sqz this hand all day
      Squeezing ranges are always wider than 3beting ranges, thats because the coldcallers have a capped range and do not have "the best" hands anymore. Thats also because In a GTO environment people should be folding to 3bets and sqzes some % which is not the case in reality, but nevertheless we should be squeezing here. In squeezed pots most ppl get the money in very light and by having the high suits we want to get it in vs draws we dominate and that can be done easier with lower SPR.
      On the flop it depends what strategy are you implementing on monotone boards but I like the small bet, I'd go even smaller somewhere around 30$.
      You cant be folding postflop, just look at your whole range on the flop in such spot, you dont have many flushes at all and this is very close to top of your range , if you start folding this hand you are heavily over-folding

Thanks again. Let's assume we have bare nfb instead (no pair or w/e) and we bet $30 as suggested. We get one caller. Turn is a blank with SPR<1. Could you say what you do vs each of these opponents ott? Appreciated!
    • benaars
      benaars
      Bronze
      I find not bluffing vs fishes (like the 93/16 guy in your hand) is pretty good. But in general I would be betting again either jamming or going for another tiny bet planing to jam unpaired rivers. You have to understand that when you use those tiny sizings villains are supposed to continue a lot wider than just flushes and the fact that they called you on the flop bet doesn't necessarily mean they can call it off on later streets. Also given how a good squeezing/3beting range is constructed we will much more often end up with actual nut flushes than the nutflush blockers so going for a bluff whenever we have the blocker is a good approach.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Tyvm