Pacific poker - muck losing hands

• shija
      shija
      Bronze
      What is this stupidity on Pacific Poker that you can muck your losing hands on showdown?
      I didn't see it on any other poker. For me this is very stupid. If you are going to showdown, you MUST show your cards. Lot of times I would like to call beaten hand on river just to see what cards my opponent had (to read his betting patterns), and on Pacific this is impossible.
      Can you tell me what other sites have this stupidity, so I don't even bother to sign there?
      Thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Nope on cash game you can muck your hand on showdown, but you can look it up on hand history.
    • shija
      shija
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Nope on cash game you can muck your hand on showdown, but you can look it up on hand history.
      But I can't see what cards he had if he choose not to show loosing hand.
      For example: 2 of us are in the hand. I flop a set and I bet strong. He calls, I bet on turn, he calls. I bet on river he calls and I win a hand, but I have no clue with what kind of hand he calls all my bets. If it was AA or just 27? Maybe he had flush and straight draw, so he had enough outs to call my bets, or he's just an ordinary idiot who followed third pair.
      For me such information is vital for my future dealings with the same guy.
      And btw, I'm talking about sng and mtt. I havent played cash games there.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I have played on a lot of sites now and have never played on one where you can not muck your hand. Just go into the hand history and ssee what he mucked, unless it is completely different at Pacific?
    • shija
      shija
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      Just go into the hand history and ssee what he mucked, unless it is completely different at Pacific?
      Point is that I cannot see anywhere what he mucked. Not in the history. It remains a mystery (or I couldn't find it).
      I'm not talking on winning hands (when you, for example, bet on river and everybody folds). It's normal not to be able to see such hand. Pay to see. I'm talking about loosing hands.
      On ipoker you can muck winning hand (and that's OK if nobody pays), but this is first site I've ever seen that you can muck loosing hands.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi shija,

It is quite annoying and I didn't understand it either at first. You are correct though - it is possible to completely muck your hand in 888.com cashgames. They aren't the only site to do this though. Cake Poker also allows losing players to completely muck their hands.

The up side of this is that the lack of HUD / proper tracking on both of these sites make them into extreme fish pools due to the lack of regulars.

Best regards
      SoyCD