This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AQK2ss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $100 (100 bb)
      BB: $259.55 (259.6 bb)
      UTG: $227.31 (227.3 bb)
      MP: $93 (93 bb)
      Hero (CO): $122.45 (122.5 bb)
      BTN: $80.37 (80.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Kc: :As: :Qs: :2h:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, BB raises to $11, Hero calls $7.50

Flop: ($22.50) :Ah: :7d: :8d: (2 players)
      BB bets $10.69, Hero calls $10.69

Turn: ($43.88) :3s: (2 players)
      BB bets $22, Hero calls $22

River: ($87.88) :2c: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero?

Here are my notes on villain:
      "won't pay off
      not 3b light
      fit or fold post - folds to small cb"

Given this, would you simply fold turn (or even flop?). As played, do you like jamming river for value with our two pair?
      Thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If he only firing for value the whole time the turn is an easy fold for sure, but folding flop with top pair seems nitty, but depends also how much he likes to Cbet.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      You've a note that says "wont pay off, fit or fold" and you're thinking value-shoving top and bottom?

I think it's interesting that you think this hand against this opponent is better to max polarize rather than maybe smaller vbet. I mean you block none of missed draws, but block one pair ABBB that I guess besides 87 are your potential customers?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yep, SeagalSteven, you're right about my notes - they suggest river probably be should be x/b.
      I assumed on this runnout he would vbet at least A8+. Is that reasonable?

Do you think a smaller vbet is in order on this river, then (vs 87 and ABBB like you mention)? If so, how much?

Thanks
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      I think it's possible he checks A8 for example to you instead of valuebetting it himself. He might think it's too thin for 3 barrels, he might be scrared by unlikely straight or he could think you've most like a missed draw and maybe bluff with it.

The reason for betting big would be to rep missed draw that just bombs the blankish river. The board is such though that there shouldnt be many great bluffcatchers that are worse than top+bottom, maybe some A or 87 with 5 in it.

I'd be more tempted to bet against calling station type of player, or reg with history that can level himself easily for bluffcatching. , Here against assumed tight/capable of folding type of guy I think xback or small sizing if you really think there's value in it could do. I think it's very thin.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Bronze
      If you want to value-bet the river your bet has to get called by worse some % of the time depending of which sizing you choose or else its a bluff. Occasionally players will show some weird calls vs small sizings but in general this hand is very easy x back on the river IMO.