50BB buy in wrong?

• MACK1984
      MACK1984
      Bronze
      A quick question. Is it wrong to middle ball your buy in? say in a NL.10/.5 cash game should I be buying in eaither the 100bb or 20bb or can I middle ball it and buy in for say 40-50bb?

You cannot change what happins in life only how you react to it.
      What do you know MACK?
  • 7 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MACK1984
      You cannot change what happins in life only how you react to it.
      What do you know MACK?
      WHAAAT? :D :D
      A quick question. Is it wrong to middle ball your buy in? say in a NL.10/.5 cash game should I be buying in eaither the 100bb or 20bb or can I middle ball it and buy in for say 40-50bb?
      What's your motivation for such buy in size? You get commited quickly, also can't maximize profits from your big hands and get less implied odds for drawing hands. If you can't let yourself to buy in for 100bb either play SSS or play stakes where you can let yourself buy in for full amount.
      Yeah, i know, there are many ppl that buy in for such amount, but mostly they are pretty much bad players.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

It is not wise to use the 40-50 BB buy-in as that way, you gain disadvantages of both SSS and BSS ;) . So I suggest you stick to either SSS if your BR is small or BSS if you can afford it. Also reading the PS articles and watching the coachings should help you :) .

Have fun hitting the tables!

Primož
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      It's fine for micro limits. Even better than 20BB. Sux for nl50 and up.
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      The guys who make the strategy articles at PS.com have not invented the Middle Stack Strategy yet :p.

How would you play with a 50 BB stack anyway? Would you play the same hands as in basic SSS? Would you aim to hit top pair and go broke with it every time?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I boosted my roll on that way - 20BI rule with 20BB, then 25, 30, 35, 40 etc... With 50 it was very well, so well that I switched to full BSS roll in 2 days. Of course, it's not optimal strategy to play with 50 but if you know what are you doing (and how) it can be profitable.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey MACK1984,

Purely mathematical the 50 BB strategy is the mathematically most -EV strategy possible. This is due to you not getting the full implieds and odds for drawing hands or sets that are given by a full stack - yet none of the advantages of a short stack either. I would recommend using one of the two strategies SSS or BSS.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • MACK1984
      MACK1984
      Bronze
      Hey thanks for all the Imput and info. I personally do not use the 50bb tactic usually the BSS NL10. should be going up to NL25 here soon after I get the 4 dollars needed to do so. don't think I have done poor having cleared 30% of the bouns in 3 days and almost tripled my BR from the starting bons. thanks to all for all the tips.

You cannot change what happins in life, only how you react to it.
      What do you know MACK?