I was on Tilt and got lucky on the turn... disgusting

• FWKanobi
      Hi All ,
      Been playing SSS today and after losing 3 hands in a row (AK lost to A8 , JJ to 22 and one more i don't recall) I got 44 on MP1 and played it bad... very bad. the thing is that I managed to pickup the pot , but still it left me with bitter taste. just wanted to share.

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4, 4
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.00) 5, 2, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3.00, Hero raises to $4.60 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $1.00 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($11.00) 6
      River: ($11.00) 4 (1 players)

Final Pot: $11.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, fours (4s 4h)
      BB shows a pair of eights (8s As)

Hero wins with three of a kind, fours (4s 4h)
  • 2 replies
    • LMOJ
      The river card saved you, not the turn.

People played hands like A8 and 22 against you all the time? That's some awesome table selection I must congratulate you for. But, still, you have to leave it if you are no longer in the right state of mind.

It can get very disgusting indeed when it looks like the poker room has gone in reverse mode and keeps punishing all good play and rewarding all bad play. No one is invulnerable to tilt, you just have to train yourself to close the poker client and walk away as your reaction to such a situation, so you save yourself from playing in a way that will make you sad about yourself afterwards.
    • FWKanobi
      I know ,
      I just wanted to share this.
      I've got many bad calls during the weekend.
      I push with AK , I get called by 9Js and KJo , won by high card A...

Probably this is the advantage of SSS .