This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] A4s, 4bet spot, SBvsBB cbet Flop?

• MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Hello, my another weird hand. Should I cbet F? Because I think, I have not enough fold equity, because his range is mainly from Qx hands like AQs,AQo,KQs, maybe KQo and QQ,JJ,TT,AJs, AKo (sometimes). And when I would have AA or KK, I would check as well, because I do not want to get a raise and I do not have a 3 streets of value on this board. I usually cbet in this sitaution around 30%, but I am not sure if I can do it here either. What do you think about it?
      Btw is A4s fine to 4bet like a bluff SBvsBB? I usually 4bet in this spot A2o-A5o, because of blocker effect and it is bad to 3bet call OOP.

• 8 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I wouldn't be 4betting unless you know your opponent is a reg. 4bet bluffing blind at NL5 isn't a good play.
      You haven't shown any info on the opponent so I x/f is fine. You have no backdoor equity going for you and aren't getting any pairs to fold without multiple barrels, which isn't something you wana be doing vs unknowns.
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      BB is 18/16 (45) and looked like a reg, so I think he can be a reg
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I think there are a lot better things to spend your time thinking about then a hand like this.
      45 hands is not enough to get any sort of read from.
      4bet folding a hand like this isn't bad and may even be profitable but with no info I prefer to just fold.
      And don't worry about check-folding here, the profit comes from the pre-flop play.
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Okay, thanks, I will reduce my 4bet bluffing range on microstakes. I wanted to try, because I saw it in some videos and I wanted to have experience with 4bet spots. But definitely I am going to focus on common spots.
    • pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Bronze
      I would fold to his 3 bet in the first place but...

At 2NL (for what its worth) my experience is when you 4 bet and villain does not put you 'all in' right a way c betting generates tons of folds.

The way I look at it is if you do a normal c-bet with air in say 5BB in a 6.5BB pot, that one is relatively more(!) expensive than c-betting 20BB in a 40BB pot.

You freak AK out for sure here and maybe even AA KK sometimes will find the fold button.
      A tough cookie might call with JJ TT but they will be afraid also for AA KK.

Also it's easy playing later. You just give up when not folded
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      QQX boards always favor the call3b/call4b player, he has AQ/KQ/QJs/QTs and midpairs. Even with AA/KK you should be checking, you need to play your entire range way more passively.
    • pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Bronze
      @mbml If you check here do you not just give up?
      I mean AA/KK has showdown value but with A2 you're always behind.
      You think you rarely get a fold on a c-bet here?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I give up even with AK, you are basically dead vs typical call4bet ranges of QX and midpairs