This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH 55 set fold

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $45.00
      BB:
      $60.75

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:diamond: , 5:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.60) 9:club: , 5:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BB calls $1.60.

Turn: ($4.80) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BB raises to $15.30, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.80
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You are both very deep here.

He can't possibly put you on a set here, given your preflop raise. He, on the other hand is representing an 8 on the turn, which may be possible. Or a made flush, but I don't see why he would want to bet you out with that.

You get 1:2 to call, with enough behind to justify when you hit one of your 10 outs, if you get your stack in and he calls.

Calling is probably never good, but if I know him to be aggressive, I could push over the top on the turn.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hard spot to be in. Against unknown I think I would fold here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      You are both very deep here.

He can't possibly put you on a set here, given your preflop raise. He, on the other hand is representing an 8 on the turn, which may be possible. Or a made flush, but I don't see why he would want to bet you out with that.

You get 1:2 to call, with enough behind to justify when you hit one of your 10 outs, if you get your stack in and he calls.

Calling is probably never good, but if I know him to be aggressive, I could push over the top on the turn.
      set should re-raise on the flop, so I think you probably have 10 outs and he won´t really out you on set, so if you hit your boat c/rai is best line to get his stack. Also giving read that he might be sometimes re-raising as a semibluff I´d call and evaluate on the river.