This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From recreational to competative

• co00okie
      co00okie
      Basic
      Started off playing 3 card brag at school some 14 years ago now, to playing hold'em on zynga and playing your average pub tournament. Ive played a few times but have to be honest have no idea about outs, pot odds or what some of the terminology poker players use.... C-bet for example. What the hell is a c-bet? lol. I do however know how to check raise and can play the game to (might be over exaggerating here) to an ok level.
      So I deposited real money online for the first time a few weeks ago (I had only played for real money in pubs and once at dusk till dawn in Nottingham) and the dynamics are a lot different. I would like to start learning how to implement a strategy but more importantly I think I really need to learn the terminology you guys use because I'm not getting it in the slightest lol. Ideally I would like to watch someone play and find out why they make the decisions they do etc.
      Thanks for reading and message back to say Hi!
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello co00okie

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can help you better. In the meanwhile, I recommend reading the basic articles for all the basic information about poker.

You can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet. If it you already have signed in for a room you need to read the instructions well and it can take up to 2 business days before you get the free money.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987