From recreational to competative

• co00okie
      Started off playing 3 card brag at school some 14 years ago now, to playing hold'em on zynga and playing your average pub tournament. Ive played a few times but have to be honest have no idea about outs, pot odds or what some of the terminology poker players use.... C-bet for example. What the hell is a c-bet? lol. I do however know how to check raise and can play the game to (might be over exaggerating here) to an ok level.
      So I deposited real money online for the first time a few weeks ago (I had only played for real money in pubs and once at dusk till dawn in Nottingham) and the dynamics are a lot different. I would like to start learning how to implement a strategy but more importantly I think I really need to learn the terminology you guys use because I'm not getting it in the slightest lol. Ideally I would like to watch someone play and find out why they make the decisions they do etc.
      Thanks for reading and message back to say Hi!
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      Hello co00okie

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can help you better. In the meanwhile, I recommend reading the basic articles for all the basic information about poker.

You can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet. If it you already have signed in for a room you need to read the instructions well and it can take up to 2 business days before you get the free money.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,