[NL20-NL50] 86s

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Opponent 32/3/2.2/25

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($26.92)
      Hero (Button) ($25)
      SB ($10.66)
      BB ($30.44)
      UTG ($25.89)
      MP ($14.17)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8:club: , 6:club:
      UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 10:club: , 8:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $1, UTG calls $1, Hero raises $5, 1 fold, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($13.35) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($13.35) 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG raises to $20.14 (All-In), Hero calls $19.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $51.85
  • 6 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      The raise preflop is too weak here. If you are going to isolate a limper, you have to do it for enough to fold out the blinds. With a hand as weak as this, you don't want callers. I raise to $1.25 in this position.

The flop looks good for a raise, with FD+p, but having played that, I think you have to play bet/shove on the turn. The turn is a blank, and I don't think your hand is strong enough to want to induce a huge river bluff from your opponent.

The overbet on the river looks fishy, but you can't even beat a Ten, so this call looks -ev on balance.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Would also bet/shove turn.
      As played I think I would call that overbet. Only think that hit is 97
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      The raise preflop is too weak here. If you are going to isolate a limper, you have to do it for enough to fold out the blinds. With a hand as weak as this, you don't want callers. I raise to $1.25 in this position.

The flop looks good for a raise, with FD+p, but having played that, I think you have to play bet/shove on the turn. The turn is a blank, and I don't think your hand is strong enough to want to induce a huge river bluff from your opponent.

The overbet on the river looks fishy, but you can't even beat a Ten, so this call looks -ev on balance.
      I actually hold two pairs there and beat any ten. Turn shove is bad since if he called that big raise he is not folding on the turn often enough after that flop action, he's likely holding better hand there, so without FE it's clear check behind.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Opponent looks weak. I think he often makes calls there with fd , oesd or pair + backdoor flush kind of hand so you still have some FE
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      Originally posted by aciddrop

I actually hold two pairs there and beat any ten.
      This I missed, and therefore I agree, your two pair is probably better than his hand now.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with that strong draw I´d likely just bc turn.