This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Value in Rebuying

• Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I have been moving towards playing a bit more MTT's lately, but so far I have been mostly avoiding the r/a tourneys.

However I do have a few questions about that. If somebody could briefly explain those concepts to me or point me towards an article/video/post that explains it, I would greatly appreciate that.

So the question is, why is it better to always rebuy twice in a R/A MTT.

For example, if everyone just bought in and you were the only one to buy in twice. Where is the value in that? I get that you have a bigger chance to cash/rundeep/win but you pay more for it too.

Other example, if everybody rebuys twice and you are the only one with a 'normal' starting stack, where do you lose out?

I do get the value of the addon, that one is a bit easier to see as it is a better price for your chips then at the start.

I hope someone will be able to explain it to me :)
  • 4 replies
    • zegorr
      zegorr
      Basic
      I usually don't rebuy in MTT, if i do so i do at the start. I don't think you have an extraordinary advantage but you start with the double of the chips, so you can have more margin to lose hands and be more aggresive against the players who doesn't rebuy.

If you use your rebuy after losing your first stack to "re-entry" in the tournament that means you already lost your chips. If you lost them because u had bad hands some players may think that if they rebuy and start again they will have better hands (variance reduced).

I don't know if i helped some way :transpire:
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reaction, I didn't see it till now!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Tim128,

My preference is to not to rebuy and always take the addon as the addon stack is generally larger that the rebuy stack. Also not taking the addon will generally leave you short compared to the majority of remaining players.

This is not necessarily the correct way to play them, just my personal preference as a nit. :f_biggrin:

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      Okay thanks, I only wonder that when I watch coaching videos on rebuys, they always tend to take double rebuys all the time...