This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

6max turbo KK on bubble

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      I had struggle in this situation and really didn't know what to do. Situation is clear - there was 1 big stack and 1 very short stack who was just playing too tight and folding too much. However at first I happily see KK on my hands, then raise it but big stack just shoves and short stack folds. So whats the right play here? Top2 guys gets profit, 3rd gets nothing.

Hand Information
      PokerStars No Limit, 200 BB (3 handed).
      Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
      Seat: 1 aioncma1988 ($703) Big Blind
      Seat: 2 Hero ($2708) Dealer
      Seat: 5 c0sm0 mnd ($5589) Small Blind

Dealt to Hero
      :Ks:  :Kh:  

Preflop (Pot:375)
      Hero    RAISE $400
      c0sm0 mnd    ALL-IN
      aioncma1988    FOLD
      Hero    FOLD
      c0sm0 mnd    RETURN $5164
      Showdown:
      c0sm0 mnd MUCKS

c0sm0 mnd  wins the pot: $6314

I folded because in my opinion the most important thing in these turbos is to survive and get past bubble, but not sure if it was the right choice as I had a monster and probably easy double up.
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If you are even planning to fold on a 3bet shove of the big stack with KK can you better shove right away. Folding KK is to tight here, because then the big stack can push any 2 profitable here if he knows this and you have now also a good shot to be the chip leader and then you can push around with everyone on the table.

Cheers,
      SDK1987