The Fongie Poker Show

• Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      26/3

Soucy and I had a great talk tonight, and I also played a session. I ended up +$9 actually which is kinda nice, but it could've been oh so much more if I only won the dominant hand of the evening. Wow, I could've been 3,5 stacks up today...

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.05
      MP2:
      $6.85
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $12.70
      BU:
      $10.65
      SB:
      $13.95

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.5, 2 folds, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) 2, A, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $1.6, SB raises to $3.1, MP2 calls $3.00, Hero raises to $9.5(All-In), SB calls $6.40, MP2 calls $3.25(All-In).

Turn: ($26.95) 8 (3 players)

River: ($26.95) Q (3 players)

Final Pot: $26.95.

Results follow:
      Hero shows a pair of aces (K A)
      SB shows two pairs, aces and queens (Q A)
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (T K)
      MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (T K).

Well, I'm happy I got it in good at any rate, and I'm happy with an evening well spent too! :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Hey! Nice blogginess. We share tables. ;)

^Hand above, I would b/f the flop. You have initiative in the hand and the limp by MP2 is a weak move, so the reraise is standard. But when you get 3bet and the limper calls, I would lay it down, instead of squeezing. The 3better and the limpy-cold-caller will never fold to your shove, because they are already dead set on putting their money in. Your equity is about 49% so you are flipping for your stack here at best.

Just my opinion. :)

See you at the tables. :evil:
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hello Vargan! We share tables? What's your screenname?

I'm happy to receive your input and it certainly was an interesting hand, although I think your statement is wrong. I'm not "flipping for a stack", I'm taking my 50% chance of winning 18 dollar here (the money which is in the pot assuming both villains all in minus my remaining stack) with an 8 dollar raise, which is a chance I'd take any time. Add also the fact that I'm a pretty big favourite here against both - KTs has 38% and AQ 12%, and I think that with these results of the hand it was definately a good shove.

However, the biggest argument for folding there is actually that I could likely put SB on a set. In fact I was talking to soucy about this hand while it was being played, and he was in favour of folding it (SB looked pretty tightish), but I told him SB had AQ and shoved :tongue: I'm just not a big fan of folding for 8 dollars more when I can win 18 I guess ;) although I suppose folding isn't bad either (and might actually be the best play). :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I keep my screen name a secret. Sorry about that. :rolleyes:
      But I play SHNL10 turbo at Stars.

I always thought 50%/50% was a coinflip, and I still belive it is. :D

I understand your perspective though, its 2.5:1. You only have to win that flip once to make it profitable. My only disslike is that its to much action going on to flip, (yes flip), for your stack with TPTK in a multiwaypot on such a drawheavy board.

I like your play until you 4bet shove.

;)
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      50/50 in poker is only then a so called flip if there are only 2 players in the hand. But if you have 50% Equity with 3 players going all in it is more then a flip because you win more money in 50% of the time. So you def. are going to win money in longrun and not only be break even like in a flip.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by soucy
      50/50 in poker is only then a so called flip if there are only 2 players in the hand. But if you have 50% Equity with 3 players going all in it is more then a flip because you win more money in 50% of the time. So you def. are going to win money in longrun and not only be break even like in a flip.
      True but if you pust into their hand range also sets is more or less 35% ;)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey Fongie, i see you are a judge for the NL5-NL10 Hand evaluation forum now. Congrats!!
      Dam i wanna be gold :( . Ahh im gonna grind SSS on party anyway to get to gold. Only take like 14k hands and 15 tabling, thats nothing ;)

Keep up the good blog :P

-Kingdippy
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Actually a coin flip is a coin flip, it means you have a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of loosing. If you have 50% equity with 3 players in the hand you have 50% chance of winning, and a 50% chance of loosing, thus it IS a coinflip, (and what you are saying makes no sense.) :rolleyes:

Since its a 3 way pot however, you have a higher chance of winning than the other two players involved. And if you win once every three of these coinflips, you will be profitable. So its a good bet, with good odds. ;)

Still a coinflip. :tongue:

Last thing I'm gonna say about that in this blog.

Grats on becomming a judge! See you at the tables.

:heart: V.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ty dippy and Vargan :)

27/3

Well it is (was? nah, is) FRIDAY NIGHT so poker-time! I spent a large part of the day sleeping, and then I watched some SH videos (including the new one from Tribun!). I was supposed to start playing after dinner, but my clan in a game called Baboviolent 2 wanted me to play some clan matches, and I couldn't refuse (love the game :P ), so I spent a few hours doing that.

Oh, the poker? Well, I played 1k hands and turned out with a nice +$25 profit. Could've been better, I lost 2 preflop all ins with AKs vs JJ and TT but hey! I'm still happy about the session :)

Oh! Something I forgot. Yesterday I helped a RL friend set up an account here at PS, and today he received the money! Going to be cool to help him build his capital. SSS, most likely :]
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      True but if you pust into their hand range also sets is more or less 35% ;)
      I told him in skype I would fold :D But he wanted to call :> And he was right :> Good call.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      28/3
      Session 1 (2 coming up later I hope :P )

Today I had gone around all day (well, maybe not, but still) thinking about if I should maybe try NL25.. and when my BR hit $800 I decided to take a shot at it - also soucy helped convincing me about it ;)

Said and done, I opened up 4 NL25 tables and played as usual. I had imported some mined hands from the german forum earlier, and the first difference I noticed was that it was MUCH harder to select good tables. Lots of nits and TAGs everywhere, so I went through a lot of table switching during this session.
      I had 7 big pockets (JJ+) in the BB today - and all of them got the walk!! Sick. But it's alright, cause I seemed to hit kinda well with my lesser hands. Stacked two halfstacks by flopping 2pair with KJ and turning FH in a freeplay with 56o. This was neutralled when I shoved AJs on the flop with FD+2 overs but didn't hit - standard.
      As I was blinding out to take a break I picked up KQo and managed to win a 39 dollar pot against 2 opponents where 1 of them called down flop and turn and then shoved 1st in with 2nd pair! Thankfully it was too small a bet for me to fold against, or I might've been bluffed out there.

Conclusion? Well, I finished +$40 after the session (NL10+NL25), but I came to the conclusion that it's not a good idea for me to move up at this time. I felt too excited playing for this much money, and I'm not really comfortable losing stacks of $25 dollar with my bankroll at the moment. Therefor I will go back to NL10 later and keep grinding for a while until I feel comfortable. I'm guessing 40 or 50 stacks for NL25 :)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi Fongie.
      From my experience it's way easier to adapt to a new limit by playing on as few tables as possible. Personally I started with one table on NL25 (I usually played 6 FR or 4SH tables on NL10) after the while I added a 2nd one and I think I feel confident enough at the moment to play on four. I'm still not used to the variance qnd swings though.
      Good luck in your grind.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hey radyan

I understand your point and I thought about it, but I think I'm more likely to make irregular plays playing 1 table than if I just keep playing my normal amount. :)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      28/3
      Session 2

Played quite a lot of hands on NL10, nothing special.. felt pretty much carddead actually I was up a bit most of the time but ended the session by pushing TT (OMG LOOSE!) in a resteal situation against a reg who showed AKs and hit, so I'm down 1 stack. Meh. Was just blinding out aswell. Oh well, the day is pretty successful anyway.. can't complain about +$30 today.

On another note, tomorrow is first day of summer time (daylight savings time).... and I have to get up early to coach some younger people in a fencing competition. Shit, 1 hour less sleep for me :(
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      30/3

Played for 30 min before hand evaluation coaching, ended up breakeven which is ok :) The coaching was very good and entertaining aswell.

I'll be making my weekly report as soon as possible
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      30/3
      Session 2

Played 360 hands with a profit of +$14. For once I finished my session nicely with getting KK as my very last hand, and this is what happened...

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $7.30
      SB:
      $16.15
      BB:
      $5.50
      MP2:
      $10.65
      MP3:
      $12.30

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.4, MP3 raises to $1.2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.5, MP3 calls $2.30, SB calls $2.30.

Flop: ($10.60) 9, 6, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.15(All-In), MP3 calls $7.15, SB folds.

Turn: ($24.90) 2 (2 players)

River: ($24.90) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $24.90.

Results follow:
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (K K)
      MP3 shows a pair of queens (Q Q)
      Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (K K).

Weird preflop action, didn't know what to believe... well, he took a long time to call, so I thought he had QQ, which was good for me :) Nice session overall.

I know I'm late with my weekly report, but I'll write it tomorrow first thing in the morning, I promise =)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      23/3-31/3

Heeey guys, here's my weekly report (finally). It's been an OK week, I have made pretty good profits but my BB/100 is kinda low compared to my average. I've also played some NL25, but decided I will keep playing NL10 until I feel comfortable with $25 stacks.

End of session 23/3-31/3:
      Bankroll: $758-$829
      Profits: +$71

4804 hands
      +5.58 PtBB/100
      +22.88 PtBB/hour
      +6 $/hour

This time I'm very much unhappy with my non-SD winnings. I don't know what happened, since I'm playing much the same as before... I suppose it could be a type of swing where I don't hit in big pots, but meh, it looks dreadful :(

I've kept playing 22/19 with 37% ATS this week aswell - this seems to be my "real stats" I guess. It's funny though, the 400 hands I played on NL25 I played with 15/12... sure, no samplesize, but this is also a sign that I'm playing scared I think, so I like my decision to remain at NL10 for the time being :]
      I remember when we talked about the fold to flop Cbet stat in a coaching a while ago and Tribun said he had 40% or something like that and I thought that was really low. Well, I haven't look at mine up til now but it seems it's not that uneralistic at all.. mine is 52% :)

On a side-note, being a hand-judge is great :D but I seem to be much more unsure of some hands than I was when it didn't really matter what I said, but I think it's going well. Atleast there's not a shortage of hands to evaluate =)

Thanks for reading! I look forward to another week :]
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      31/3

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT

Hi!
      I played a sick sick sick sick session today. I have never had so many premium hands in a single session, and now I had to watch them crash and burn all around me. A good example is that on one table against the same guy I first lost QQ vs KK (with another guy all in with T6s, dunno what he was doing) and then THE VERY NEXT HAND I had AKs and he got KK again! Swingy ass session also had me win a few stacks with nut flush vs 2nd nut, nut straight vs 2nd nut, and also set over set but since I had to fold my premiums so often if I didn't lose em in a PF AI, I finished with -$35 today :( .
      So harsh... I felt I really played well too, I could've lost oh so much more with the overpairs...

Here's a pretty sick hand for you to look at

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      MP3:
      $9.90
      CO:
      $19.70
      BU:
      $5.40
      SB:
      $15.65
      BB:
      $10.00

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, A.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) J, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.05) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $8.8, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.75.

EH??? It was soooo hard because my 7 isn't really that bad a kicker, but I figured he wouldn't do this without an A so I just folded... :( I FEEL WEAK
      He didn't feel like the guy who would do this with a worse hand.

So in short AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      1/4

Hey guys... most likely this is my last post, because I have just managed to lose most of my bankroll by accepting a fish challenge to nl50 headsup, and I don't think I have enough in me to rebuild it all.
      I just have $150 dollar left after suckout after suckout + tilt in the last few hands... so I will withdraw it and use it for something worthwile. Can't believe I was this vulnerable, don't know how it happened.. :(

It was fun while it lasted, nice knowing you all
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Yeah, yeah... Nice try :)