This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Let me introduce meself

• Dondefjam
      Dondefjam
      Bronze
      Hello all,

I like to play online poker PokerStars. Every day i am learning, it's a pity that the last time i can't win. Also think that i play a lot of hands wrong. Now i am looking what kind of game i would like to play. How much bankroll do i need to start with if i want to play cashgames?
      I like to play for example:
      CAP $80,- $2/$4 6 max but is this table good to run a session? And make some bankroll?

Every tip is good for me.

Goodluck Everybody

Dondefjam
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Dondefjam

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

The CAP tables are an interesting format, but beware the game is more variance heavy then normal cash games. You only playing with 20bb and then you need to be familiar with 3bet shove ranges and 50 buy-inns is the minimum bankroll I would use and that’s not even that much I think. If you used to play 100bb cash games, it’s a total different format.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Dondefjam
      Dondefjam
      Bronze
      Thx a lot i would like to learn as much as possible:)
    • Dondefjam
      Dondefjam
      Bronze
      Hi SDK1987,

What do you think it`s for the beginner a good bankroll to start with?
      And what do you think it`s an interesting cashgame to play @PokerStars?

Please let me know:)

Regards,

Dondefjam:f_cool:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I saw that you were playing NL500 and I don’t recommend that if you are a beginner. I’m more a SNG and tournament player, but if I would play cash games I would start with a bankroll of around $50 and start on NL2. Most players would most likely play shorthanded and then the thread No-Limit Beginner's Course with confidant91 [2017 edition] is useful to learn the basics.
    • Dondefjam
      Dondefjam
      Bronze
      Super, nice i will start with this tables:) And i am going to read this for the basics.
      I need to start up again because i already play poker online for about 10 years.
      But never win a lot so i think i need to start from the beginning again...
      :tongue: :D

Thx a lot!