Known players:   
      SB:
      $30.50
      MP2:
      $23.85
      Hero:
      $21.40

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , K:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.60, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.60, BU folds, SB calls $0.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.00) Q:club: , 8:diamond: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.60, SB folds, MP2 calls $2.40.

Turn: ($9.20) 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6.00, MP2 raises to $19.65 (All-In), Hero calls $11.20 (All-In).

River: ($46.05) 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $43.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights (Qd Kd)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and eights (Ad Ac)

MP2 wins with two pairs, aces and eights (Ad Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I think this is WA/WB.

You hit TP against PFA, raise his bet and get rid of the SB, but PFA calls, then checks the turn OOP.

Check behind the turn for a showdown here. If he has a better Q, or QQ+, you are in trouble.

When he C/R the turn, you are beaten too often to call this, I would fold there, and save half a stack.

Preflop, I would look at my opponent and 3bet if he is aggressive, and maybe just fold if he is passive.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I think this is WA/WB.

You hit TP against PFA, raise his bet and get rid of the SB, but PFA calls, then checks the turn OOP.

Check behind the turn for a showdown here. If he has a better Q, or QQ+, you are in trouble.

When he C/R the turn, you are beaten too often to call this, I would fold there, and save half a stack.

Preflop, I would look at my opponent and 3bet if he is aggressive, and maybe just fold if he is passive.
      +1
      I´d just call flop, call turn and evaluate on the river.