This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS @ Mansion Poker .05/.10

• kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      I just wanted to point out that using the short stack strategy at mansion in the .05/.10 no limit cash tables was very hard. I found that for every big hand that I won I would lose 3 because of people calling to loose with hands like q10 offsuit or j7 suited against my Aces or kings they would suck out and hit two pair or a straight. So if you decide to play in that limit with the SSS be prepared for people to make really bad calls and get rewarded for their brilliance. I did eventually grind my way up to the .10/.20 no limit and im this level the SSS works really great. I hope this helps
  • 4 replies
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      Although they sucked out , this is good for you.
      Pre flop you are better then them and you want them to call you with junk hands.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey kaynine1784,

As FWKanobi said the reason why the SSS is so profitable is that people make horrible calls against you pre-flop. Although this means that these worse hands will suck out on you once in a while - they are essentially your bread and butter in the long run :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Pe4Ce2
      Pe4Ce2
      Bronze
      Like Doyle Brunson say at every start of "Poker after Dark" TV show ... "Poker is not about winning or loosing, poker is about making right decisions."

I know its hard, but dont be rude because of suckouts ... just be happy, that you make a right move preflop and the rest of hand is history .. :)
    • kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      It can be really hard but I always follow the rules of good sportsmanship I don't always tell them NH but I never strike them done because of a bad call and sucking out