SSS @ Mansion Poker .05/.10

• kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      I just wanted to point out that using the short stack strategy at mansion in the .05/.10 no limit cash tables was very hard. I found that for every big hand that I won I would lose 3 because of people calling to loose with hands like q10 offsuit or j7 suited against my Aces or kings they would suck out and hit two pair or a straight. So if you decide to play in that limit with the SSS be prepared for people to make really bad calls and get rewarded for their brilliance. I did eventually grind my way up to the .10/.20 no limit and im this level the SSS works really great. I hope this helps
  • 4 replies
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      Although they sucked out , this is good for you.
      Pre flop you are better then them and you want them to call you with junk hands.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey kaynine1784,

As FWKanobi said the reason why the SSS is so profitable is that people make horrible calls against you pre-flop. Although this means that these worse hands will suck out on you once in a while - they are essentially your bread and butter in the long run :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Pe4Ce2
      Pe4Ce2
      Bronze
      Like Doyle Brunson say at every start of "Poker after Dark" TV show ... "Poker is not about winning or loosing, poker is about making right decisions."

I know its hard, but dont be rude because of suckouts ... just be happy, that you make a right move preflop and the rest of hand is history .. :)
    • kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      It can be really hard but I always follow the rules of good sportsmanship I don't always tell them NH but I never strike them done because of a bad call and sucking out