This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] AA 3bet spot vs utg

• jimecek
      jimecek
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
      Hand delivered by Upswing Poker - https://www.upswingpoker.com/convert

UTG: $42.83 (428 bb)
      MP: $10.00 (100 bb)
      CO: $13.87 (139 bb)
      BU: $19.98 (200 bb)
      SB (Hero): $16.26 (163 bb)
      BB: $6.11 (61 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A♣ A♥
      UTG raises to $0.20, 3 players fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.75, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.60) 8♠ 3♥ J♥ (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, UTG raises to $1.14, Hero calls $0.57

Turn: ($3.88) Q♣ (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.71, SB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $3.88 (Rake: $0.17)
      UTG wins $3.71

UTG calling range AK,AQ,TT,JJ,QQ correct ? i am blocking A high fd

Ihave 63% eq but its sometimes bluff ?
  • 7 replies
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      I think UTG calling range for your 3-bet is perhaps a little wider:
      AK (some players might 4-bet; also, you block half the combos),
      AQ (you also block half the combos),
      88 - QQ.

So it's mostly PPs and, since you hold Ah, probably no FDs. With that in mind, his raise OTF looks to me like a set and so I'd probably fold there. It's almost never a bluff, I think.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      Betting the flop much bigger.....~$1.20 ish. This is a board I would bluff often (in your opponents shoes) when facing such a small c-bet). Not a great flop for you however you do block quite a few things. 9’s, 10’s Q’s are all cards you don’t really want to see. With Ah, there are many turns where you can barrel (A, heart).

In short, I start by sizing up the cbet.

Also, good to see an fellow Upswinger here (noticed your hand converter ;) )
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      Damn... I almost saw 3 spades on the board. Maybe Upswinger could work on color coding them cards a bit.

And exactly as GridironAssassin says. I would raise the donk bet IP here very often.

Anyway, call the raise and then fold to a turn bet is something I try to avoid.
      So fold flop (which I would not do) or get one way or the other your stack in is my strategy.
    • jimecek
      jimecek
      Bronze
      And its close becouse we are deep, so i dont think he would bluff so much.

Thanks guys
    • jimecek
      jimecek
      Bronze
      i am cbeting in 3bet range 37% almost all of my range, oponents dont raise me to often a paid good hand, and big sizing have on the turn and pot size bet shove r.
    • Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      Firstly I would 3bet here much bigger like 0.9$ or 1$. You are OOP, deep, and playing against a tighter range (UTG).
      Secondly otf I would bet bigger same as preflop 0.9$ or 1$. Against a flop raise I would fold generally but against a minraise it would be a mistake
      I think you played the hand as it should have been except the small betsizes.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Tough spot on the Turn, I think people sometimes bet Turn check River with QT type of hands, he can very well have some bluffs too. Guess it sucks that you block Ah.