Playing FL + Diamond

• Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      Hi guys~

Just wondering if there are any diamond FL FR players around?
      If there are, what levels do you play/ how many hands does it take a month to be diamond?

If not.. well, if any FL SH players could give me the same info, it'd still be interesting to me.

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Sai7

I'm not diamond (obviously) but there won't be too many FR diamonds out there I suspect.

The two main reasons for this are that there aren't many FR tables at higher limits, and those there are are (usually) extremely tight, making it hard to make a profit.

Is there any reason particularly you ask? If it is just a comfort thing I wouldn't get too concerned as SH doesn't take very much getting used to, and applying PS.com strategies you will easily rise through the limits (NB read my blog for an example, just miss the last 12 or so entries :D ).

The best example I can give of limits / volume I can give you is mine... at SH $1/$2 playing around 10k - 12k hands per month I'm getting to the cusp of Platinum status (3k strategy points (SP)). I typically 3-4 table and play 1 - 2 session a day between 45 and 75 mins.

So I'd guess to get to diamond (7 500 SP) you'd either need to around double the volume or get to $2/$4 SH.

Hope this helps. :)
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      Oh i see, yeaah it's a mix of comfort and the fact i like full ring (i guess they're hand in hand though). I would've read your blog a long time ago if i knew that it was FL :) (Not that your title isn't interesting, haha ;) )

10-12k hands a month seems pretty alright to me, i dont think i could double the volume so i guess i'd have to get to 2-4. Sounds like this will take a while :tongue:

Thanks for the reply though, i will go through your blog!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I didn't notice, this is Waiboy's blog either, lol...
      Title didn't attract me enough... Or to be honest, title distracted me.

I'll add you to the FL blog list :)
      Fixed Limit Blogs
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sai7
      Oh i see, yeaah it's a mix of comfort and the fact i like full ring
      I used to think exactly the same.. in fact after my first couple of SH sessions I was in total headspin from the increased pace!

As with all things it is just a case of learning and developing.

Best of luck!
    • OlivierLu
      OlivierLu
      Bronze
      being diamond means you produce a lot of rake in a short period. A casual high stake player won't necessarly hit the diamond status.

And some of us play on sites that are not affiliate (or can't be affiliated) to PS, so no SP points for us :evil: