This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Folding QQQ

• RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      Before ..this.. challenge and when tilting a bit, I would have called but now folding is so easy!

Still interested what you guys think!

BTN: 92 BB (VPIP: 34.04, PFR: 2.13, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 48)
      SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.35, PFR: 22.54, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 217)
      BB: 58 BB (VPIP: 44.74, PFR: 7.89, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 39)
      Hero (UTG): 113.5 BB
      MP: 108 BB (VPIP: 28.85, PFR: 21.15, 3Bet Preflop: 8.57, Hands: 109)
      CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.04, PFR: 16.50, 3Bet Preflop: 6.23, Hands: 1,040)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: Q:heart:

Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1 BB
      => I raise to 2BB because of the short stack and indeed he calls.

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) 2:spade: T:diamond: 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks
      => I'm not c-betting here because I think I will not get a fold (yes I know.. only 39 hands :) ) and my hand still might be good.

Turn: (4.5 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      BB bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB
      => I'm not getting crazy with TP reasonable kicker and a flush on the board.

River: (10.5 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      BB bets 44 BB

fold
      => :f_cool:

BB wins 10 BB
      Rake paid 0.5 BB
  • 5 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Preflop : That guy plays almost 50% of his hands, he doesn´t care if you raise to 2bb, 3bb or 4bb, if he likes the colour of his hand he will call anyway.

Flop : Makes no sense what you are saying. Of course you want to cbet here because : 1 the guy is fishy and will call you with much worse hands than yours and 2 you dont want to give him a free card when there are 2 diamonds there.
    • LTTomasQ
      LTTomasQ
      Bronze
      Preflop : If you make rise, make it 4BB. Personally i will not play from UTG with QJs.
      Post Flop : C-Bet.
      Turn in this situation call.
      River call as well. It looks like bluff.
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AgapieGheorghe
      Preflop : That guy plays almost 50% of his hands, he doesn´t care if you raise to 2bb, 3bb or 4bb, if he likes the colour of his hand he will call anyway.
      I always open smaller against these shorter stack players. Still room enough to get it all in when needed.
      Flop : Makes no sense what you are saying. Of course you want to cbet here because : 1 the guy is fishy and will call you with much worse hands than yours and 2 you dont want to give him a free card when there are 2 diamonds there.
      I missed the flop and my idea of a c-bet bluff is a folding opponent but I did put him on 'not folding'.
      I have Q high (2 overs and a backdoor straight). I still have some showdown value and I am in position, he can have anything :) .
      I do not think it's that bad of a play to check the flop here.

But I'm curious what others think.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      You are focused on the short stacked BB but you still have 4 other people to go through, they All appear to be capable of 3betting so I don’t like a min raise from UTG, should be at least 3bb if not 3.5 or 4. You can reduce your open sizes as your position improves but at the micros, opens dont really need to ever get smaller than 2.5x.

C betting here all day....his range can be HUGE in BB vs. min open. There are tons of lower flush draws that can call......there are better hands that will fold.......you can barrel a Q or J turn.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this looks a lot like max value vs QX with a flush or a boat. I don't mind the fold unless you think he's bluffy (45/8 is indicative of someone who's passive)