This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Low pair turns into a bluff, SBvsBB

• MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      OTF: I decided to cbet, because the board is dry, so I will produce enough fold equity to profitable cbet. And my coach told me you should cbet 100% time SBvsBB in raised spot like this (exceptions are possible of course). So that was one of reasons too.

OTT: I continue with betting, because I think my opponent can fold pocket pairs, 8x hands or some backdoor flashdraws. I dont know if it was a best option, but usually I continue with betting with stronger hands, so have some bluffs can be fine too imo. Maybe on my bluffing range are better flashdraws, but it is still semibluff, because I can bet river like a A,K,2. But I prefer on semibluff rather flushdraws, especially on the blank turn like this, so check/fold turn would be maybe better, I am not sure.

OTR: I could bet smaller, around 30%, because he can raise some busted draws, but I decided to bet bigger, because it is NL5 and people never fold Kx and maybe some weaker hands too, but if I would know about my opponent if he is a reg or fish I would adjust. Against reg I would bet usually smaller and against fish something like pot bet but it would depends on the specific situation.

• 5 replies
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      I would have played it the same
      He probably had small PP or an 8 but if it was me I would have folded my AK :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah you will be for sure bluffing way too much here
      the 3 gives your A5 A4 a gutter, same for 56, you have backdoor FDs etc.
      The ace is actually a bad blocker here
      AK 3bets pre so it's irrelevant there you don't block any hands that are always calling you down
      But you do block ace highs that call flop fold the turn a bunch
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      PPs and 8x hands may not fold on turn. I like the river bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop: C/C and bet are both fine

Turn: Usually check here since you have no value. Worse hands rarely fold (he may fold some 55, 8X but overall he calls his KX and some 8X, 99-TT.

Don't mind barreling here occasionally for balance so that you can hit some trip 2s rivers and your opponent won't see it coming but this is more of a high level concept.

River: Definitely fire again.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      The river bet is a sure thing, on the turn though I'd probably prefer a check.