This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AA55ss, flopped nuts, pairing turn in 3b pot

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $200 (100 bb)
      BB: $421.22 (210.6 bb)
      MP: $200 (100 bb)
      CO: $304.25 (152.1 bb)
      BTN: $298.97 (149.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :5h: :As: :Ad: :5s:
      MP folds, CO raises to $7, BTN folds, Hero raises to $23, BB folds, CO calls $16

Flop: ($48) :6s: :3s: :9s: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.05, CO calls $15.05

Turn: ($78.10) :6d: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $31.65, Hero calls $31.65

River: ($141.40) :9d: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain is a strong reg, aggressive. 38/40, Ag 3.9, 140 hands.
      1.) is our cbet size on this board good, with nuts and air?
      2. once called, I checked this card - not because I thought I no longer hand the best hand - but because I thought it's much better for opponent's range and so betting again would look very strong. Is that reasonable logic? Do you think x/r this card is overplayed?
      3. As played, would you call a potsize shove on this river?

Thx
  • 3 replies
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      1. Looks good
      2. Makes sense.

It is very likely you have the best hand and redraw with AA, problem with check-raise is will opponent call with worse? Check calling has the problem that opponent can xback river with worse flush.

3. Yes. If you fold I think you cant defend enough your range, you wont have many FHs at all and you're at the top of your range. Double pairing board makes FHs also more unlikely.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks - agree with everything you say. Given possibility that villain does have a smaller flush (where we lose value with our line), would you do anything different or just accept that sometimes the runnout isn't perfect for us?
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Well, I think you've two standard lines from the turn. This, or just bet-bet for value, which in 3b pot 100bb deep is fine too imo.

When you take this line you have to have somewhat aggro opponent who will have floated straightdraws and other bluffs which you can catch, an opponent who likes to stab and fight pots. I think this opponent (with very small sample though!! ) fits the description quite well.