How to avoid KK/AA disaster

• Pe4Ce2
      Pe4Ce2
      Bronze
      I just wonder if its any thing, that can help you prevent disaster on preflop situation with your KK hand against someone else with AA.

I play 5.50$ SnG and most of KK hands i try to give as many chips as posible in pot preflop, which most of the time means All In, but it happens me (not rarely), that someone bust me with AA.
  • 8 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It is possible to fold it against total nit in FR cash, but i doubt that it's ever correct to fold it in Sng.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      It is possible to fold it against total nit in FR cash, but i doubt that it's ever correct to fold it in Sng.
      Very rarely, Like the only time I have ever seen it agreed to is people
      playing higher limits who have like 5 thousand hands on the villain they are against preflop,
      and they know for sure it is 100% AA they are up against.

But thats as rare as having 50 elephants comming through your yard tommorow and painting
      you fence blue while the sun rises from the other side of the sky and it rains in Hell.

Seriously, do not be afraid to get it all in with KK preflop in a SNG.

It is the second best hand in the game, and there is so rarely a reason to lay them down preflop
      that I am sooo tempted to say never do it. But If you have the read and your sure.....

But as for getting it in against random people and finding AA, I suggest you get yourself
      something like poker tracker and check out your hands.... We tend to remember the bad ones
      more then the good. And if you are always getting it all in with KK preflop, you will make
      money from it in the long run and not keep losing to AA.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

You should definetely go All-in preflop with KK if possible and just take the risk... I'm sure that in a longer period of time, you'll run into less AA and some worse hands... I think the equity of going in preflop with KK is over 60% so it's worth it ;) . + there is always a possibility of beating AA with KK :) .
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Unless donk with A6s calls and the river come A... :-)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      Unless donk with A6s calls and the river come A... :-)
      Which gave him 3 outs for his A since his 6 is useless, and the flush wont come that often....

Ok he may hit A and 6 but overall your ahead, always go in ahead... thats how you
      win in the long run.

KK vs A6s is ~70/30 in your favor.......
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      just dont fold kings preflop
      you can always outdraw the guy with aces anyway =D
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      Every time I have KK an A shows on flop, you can raise it up to get rid of raggy limpers and if no A on flop then push. You're never guaranteed a win with any hand but by then you're sure to be strong favourite. Of course there's always the possibility of a set against you, but some players will call any raise with a low pocket pair, there's nothing you can do about that.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cagey75
      Every time I have KK an A shows on flop, you can raise it up to get rid of raggy limpers and if no A on flop then push. You're never guaranteed a win with any hand but by then you're sure to be strong favourite. Of course there's always the possibility of a set against you, but some players will call any raise with a low pocket pair, there's nothing you can do about that.
      You want as much money as you can get in the pot preflop. That is when you are ahead
      against everything exept AA.

Do not worry about an A on the flop or raggy aces calling
      you when you are still preflop.

Ideally you want the pot jammed and you want it heads up / 3 handed.

Even if an A comes on the flop, you can represent it by betting out.

The only time you should be laying down KK is postflop.

Preflop = 100% different. If you get the chance to go all in do it every time you can.

Just blatantly shoving it is not what I mean, but if you get into a raise war or have a raiser and reraiser

shove.

Even if its one raiser and hes raising high enough and you get some calls, SHOVE!

Point is do not be afraid to play them big pre flop.

That is when they are worth the most.