This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] HU facing overbet AI otr

• Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (2 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

Hero (SB) ($25)
      BB ($46.47)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 10
      Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1) 4, 2, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.40

Turn: ($5) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25

River: ($13.50) 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $39.72 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $13.50 | Rake: $0.50

My opponent was an aggressive reg but I had only a few hands on him.
      Turn I faced against a huge bet but I still think we cannot fold with and fd+2oc+gs. Ofc not every of them will be alive but here I have the position as well so I dont think call would be bad.
      What about this river AI? Should I call this? Many fd-s are busted and only some hands can valubet this large. Usually 2pairs+.
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I'm not so sure about calling the turn. I wouldn't give much value to our overcards because they are so small, it would be risky to count them as our outs. I think it is better to take it safe when we are counting our outs. Even if our all flush draw and gutshot outs would be alive you have only 26% chance of hitting and that is not enough.
      You might have enough implied odds but then again you have some reverse implied odds too. Your FD is just T high. If we call almost pot size bet with 12 outs I would prefer to have a nut FD or pair+draw type of hand that has some showdown value against villains bluffs.
    • Bebabcsinya
      Bebabcsinya
      Gold
      But in a HU game shouldnt we play a little bit looser given that he can call much wider preflop? And his x/r range otf must also be broader.
      And as I played what do you think about the river? He is repping only very strong hands or busted draws.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Oh I actually missed that this is a HU table.
      Yea you should be looser and villain can also xr with wider range but still that doesn't change the fact that we have a lot of reverse implied odds and if we hit an 8, we might not get ahead. Your hand is still just a T high and I would still prefer to have a bit higher flush draws so we might have some showdown equity with our high card :D
      OTR I would fold. He indeed has monsters or missed draws but I think you have a lot of better hands that you can call this with. You have sets,2pair,overpairs that can play like this, and higher Tx also. So no need to bluff-catch with this hand.

Just as a disclaimer. I'm not a HU expert. I actually have very little experience in heads up games.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Probably call river, you are close to the top of your range, you block 89 which is good, you block some flush draws which is bad but overall this hand is pretty good to call down with. I rather call down with this than AA