This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] 4bet spot oop

• jimecek
      jimecek
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
      Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $9.60 (96 bb)
      MP (Hero): $20.03 (200 bb)
      CO: $16.16 (162 bb)
      BU: $14.12 (141 bb)
      SB: $8.22 (82 bb)
      BB: $10.87 (109 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A K
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN 3-bets to $1.10, 2 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $3.88, BTN calls $2.78

Flop: ($7.91) 2 5 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($13.91) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.24 (all-in), MP (Hero) folds

I dont have any stats on player, but i dont want play oop in 3bet spot, so i do 4bet fold becouse we are deep. Cbet or give up flop ? His range on ip call 4bet could call strong hands like AA,KK,QQ or thats hand play fast.
  • 5 replies
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Your 4-bet is quite big. 2.2x - 2.5x is more standard. And he still calls, so he looks strong.

I think I would just give up on this flop. We don’t have much equity and I don’t expect many folds.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I'd just call pre personally. You can get flatted here by a wider range since you're deeper, making it more difficult going into the flop with initiative.
      As played I agree with LF on an x/f line. Although leading isn't the worst, it's a big pot already and he's shown interest by the 4bet call.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) easy call 3bet. If you want to 4bet, make it smaller. By making it so huge you are just isolating yourself vs QQ+/AK. If he jams you are dead vs KK+

AK is actually super easy to play OOP as long as you have a rough gameplan in mind. Just check/call almost any flop and check river again. If draws complete then turn AK into a bluff on the river. If a A/K falls on the turn, congrats! Your opponent will try to rep AK and you got something strong to call down with.

2) Now it's super awkward. I guess just bet once and give up. But his range is so weighted towards TT+/AK because your 4b size is so huge.
    • jimecek
      jimecek
      Bronze
      Thanks i think is better Ak 4bet than play oop post flop.

Ok i would more call.

When he has a big 3 bet on bu i can call too a bluff Ajs ?
    • la55i
      la55i
      I would also prefer a call pre-flop. If you do decide to 4bet, it should be smaller, as mentioned above. You said you would prefer to 4bet/fold because you are deep, but you actually are just 140bb deep effectively and after making so big 4bet I think folding vs a jam might be a mistake but that is just my guess, didn't use calculator.
      OTF I would just check fold. Villain has a strong range and you don't have even backdoor draws.