• 13 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Holdem manager is just so much more manageable :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Now come with arguments, I like PT better because I'm used to it...
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Yes guys tell us who is better. I need to buy one playing without stats sucks :D I play mostly NL SH if that also matters what you play.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      I recently started to use Holdem Manager. It's really nice - fast, clear, comfortable, etc. There are loads of options for the built-in hud. Easy to read statistics and, my personal favorite, allin-EV graph :D

Can't compare it with PT3, because I haven't used it (downloaded the god damn trial and didn't try it :D ).

Oh, but it's 15x million times better than the current version of Elephant.

You can download a 15 day trial of it at the official site and you can get it for free very easily. I signed up at Unibet through them and cleared the points in 3 days playing NL20 6max.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You are just talking about HEM and PT...
      What about PokerStrategy Elephant?
      It serves me well :)

@suvalgysiu: This is FL forum. No need for allin EV graph :D
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      HM has a better and faster database design. It also has more filter options, plus you can add custom stats to the reports section.

PokerOffice 5.0 is out now btw, has anybody tried it?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      HM has a better and faster database design. It also has more filter options, plus you can add custom stats to the reports section.

PokerOffice 5.0 is out now btw, has anybody tried it?
      Paying 90$ per year is no option for me. The advantages can't be that high and the old PO was very slow too.

Can someone tell me how the position stats work? I saw someone having 40% PFR from MP2 and it got lower at the later positions. That makes absolutly no sense (his total as was around 23).
    • OlivierLu
      OlivierLu
      Bronze
      I use it for 2 or 3 months now. I really appreciate it (I was a PT2 user before). There are few things that I really like :

Taking notes:
      On the HUD, there is a star symbol to take note (this symbol : *). It appears on the HUD and work like any other note on any poker site.
      What is really interesting is that it also appears when you replay your session. So basically, you can take note AFTER the session is over when you replay your hands.
      This can be very powerfull against player you often play against. Of course, you can choose to replay the hand of one particular player if you wish.

Marked hands:
      One other pretty simple and cool stuff is marking a hand during your live session. You've just play a hand that is worth reviewing ? No need to note it down on a paper then search for it into your DB. Just mark it (like 1 click, 1/2 sec.), and when your session is over, use the filter "only show marked hands", hand here you go ! You have all your interesting hands ready to analyse !

HUD:
      There are popup stats to go deeper into the stat of 1 player. For example, click one the vp$ip stats. As default, you'll get the vp$ip/PFR/3bet/capping stats, as well as BB/100.
      One other pretty cool stuff is that the number of occurence of each stat is shown in bracket. e.g. take the "fold to riverbet, when raised turn" stat. With 200 hands on villain, you'll see that the occurence of such a fold is like 2 or 3. So the sample size is just to small and you can quickly know whether a stat is reliable or not.

Deep statistics:
      HEM sorts so many stats !!
      I don't know PT3, so maybe they both sort the same stats. ?

One point that is missing:
      For the moment, the Sklanksly bucks curve is not yet programmed. It should be done in the near future.
      (to NL player: all-in EV is just a simplification of Sklanksy Bucks. In FL, you can use these kind of curves)

I bought it, and I don't regret it !

NB: you can bought it on the german shop for 52.85€ if you understand German: http://de.shop.pokerstrategy.com/Software
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      PT3 has all those functions, and I like the HUD of PT3 more because you can make special boxes for all stats so you can put them wherever you want (or is that possible too in HM? :D )
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      PT3 has all those functions, and I like the HUD of PT3 more because you can make special boxes for all stats so you can put them wherever you want (or is that possible too in HM? :D )
      yes, you can do that in HEM too :)
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OlivierLu

Marked hands:
      One other pretty simple and cool stuff is marking a hand during your live session. You've just play a hand that is worth reviewing ? No need to note it down on a paper then search for it into your DB. Just mark it (like 1 click, 1/2 sec.), and when your session is over, use the filter "only show marked hands", hand here you go ! You have all your interesting hands ready to analyse
      How do u do this? Click where?
    • OlivierLu
      OlivierLu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sai7
      Originally posted by OlivierLu

Marked hands:
      How do u do this? Click where?
      HUD on the table (click on the star symbol at the left of the screenname):

Replayer (you still get the star):
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      tyvm :D