This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK on bad flop NL10

• Rauno9
      Rauno9
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($10.94)
      UTG+1 Taisuke ($2.62)
      MP1 dwb4164 ($1.18)
      MP2 Sharp Joe ($11.12)
      MP3 Pokermage2008 ($19.73)
      CO Achterhoek ($11.22)
      BTN tgebics ($2.20)
      SB himajinizm ($3.88)
      BB benny_m1987 ($5.37)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is UTG K:spade: K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Achterhoek calls $0.40, 1 fold, himajinizm calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: A:diamond: J:diamond: J:heart: ($1.30, 3 players)
      himajinizm bets $0.25, Hero folds

Final Pot: $1.55
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK
      Flop: Kinda interesting move, betting so small. Looks like weakness or just wants to get cheap his flushdraw or maybe gutshot :P . It's OK to fold here but you could also raise him and find out if he has the A here and check/fold next streets.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I woudl raise there 1$-1,3$ and if called then check behind on the turn and then decide on the river if I want to call.
      He sometimes is bluffing, sometimes leading with draw, sometimes b/f weak Ax- you raised pf and once you raise on the flop they woudl put you on AK or Jx.
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      i am total newbie here, so dont at all want to question u judges, but doesnt this kind of play COMPLETELY depend on read/stats of fi? i mean, some fishies bet every single scary flop with these rediculously small bets. i for that reason like to bet like that on a hand where i have AJ exactly becuz it looks so fishy, so against me u would want to fold your KK here (or call and hope for the K, u have odds for that too i would think) - but against a whole lot of idiots out there a donkey bet is being made by a donkey

again, take this with a huge grain of salt...

ps. i do realize there is a player behind to act also. i would very likely just smooth call here and see what happens on the turn - both cards and action.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ye, some players who don't know how to bet, do with Ax also such bets. But still I would rather prefer to raise there and have some fold equity than just call.